Main Menu

So that just happened...

Started by NIN, November 14, 2017, 03:52:55 PM

NIN

https://www.c-span.org/video/?437224-1/us-house-meets-morning-hour&live&vod
(ffwd to 17:05 or so)

Rep Ralph Abraham spoke about Civil Air Patrol on the floor of the House of Representatives this morning.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

skyhawkcdr

Bayareaflyer 44

Ug!  He was cut short when his 5 min expired.  I'll have to look for the text of his speech.

Do we know if there was an 'ask' in there, or was he simply extolling the virtues of CAP?

Thanks for posting!

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

Larry Mangum

He is a Major in CAP and regularly flies as a MP as part of Green Flag.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

RiverAux

FYI, also Coast Guard Auxiliary pilot....

PHall

Quote from: Bayareaflyer 44 on November 14, 2017, 07:42:21 PM
Ug!  He was cut short when his 5 min expired.  I'll have to look for the text of his speech.

Do we know if there was an 'ask' in there, or was he simply extolling the virtues of CAP?

Thanks for posting!

Didn't ask for anything, yet. This sounded like an "Educational" speech.

Eclipse

The relevent clip.

www.c-span.org/video/standalone/?c4691868

I have it as an .mp4 if anyone wants it.

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

Here is ths print version from the Congressional Record
https://www.congress.gov/congressional-record/2017/11/14/house-section/article/H9183-1

You can download a pdf  version from there,

Mike

CAPLTC

Quote from: NIN on November 14, 2017, 03:52:55 PM
https://www.c-span.org/video/?437224-1/us-house-meets-morning-hour&live&vod
(ffwd to 17:05 or so)
Rep Ralph Abraham spoke about Civil Air Patrol on the floor of the House of Representatives this morning.

He is a seriously good guy.
Had the opportunity to meet him and brief him on some stuff my unit does back in April.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Johnny Yuma

In before the keyboard cowards at Auxbeacon write a hit piece on him...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: