Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 07:59:18 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: What are the rules - Squadron Rosters / Telephone & email lists / Phone trees?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are the rules - Squadron Rosters / Telephone & email lists / Phone trees?  (Read 1217 times)
Cicero
Forum Regular

« on: November 12, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »

I am back after a near 20 year hiatus, and while many things are the same, much has changed. This is one that puzzles me. Any know the rules and regs regards this issue?
Nick
Seasoned Member

Unit: SWR-TX-001

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »

I donít know if there is any real formalized guidance on this anymore aside from whatís in the ES training documents.

These days, it seems like cell phone mass-SMS messages have taken over phone trees. Email distribution lists (thereís even a feature in eServices for commanders to aggregate email addresses) are pretty common. But again, unless I missed a reg somewhere, I donít think thereís policy over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »

Emails with everyone's addy in the CC field are very common around here. I can't get folks to understand BCC. Stopped trying.

MS - MO - AP - MP
cobra6987
Recruit

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »

Emails with everyone's addy in the CC field are very common around here. I can't get folks to understand BCC. Stopped trying.

I BCC all the time :-D
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Major, CAP
Ham - N5TCL
Nick
Seasoned Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »

Yeah, that logic is lost on a lot of folks. I like the people that put my agencyís All Employees distro list in the CC line and then the people that Reply All back to that person.

Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:20:34 PM »

Yeah, that logic is lost on a lot of folks. I like the people that put my agencyís All Employees distro list in the CC line and then the people that Reply All back to that person.

Dittos.  We get emails from Wing Hdqs folks all the time like that, and yes, for some strange reason everyone wants to reply all to say "I got it!".

Drives me nuts.
MS - MO - AP - MP
wacapgh
Forum Regular

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:24:27 PM »

Also, review CAPR 1-2 PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R001_002_15BAF8B12FA4B.pdf

"Examples of PII include, but are not limited to, social security number; age; marital status; race; date and place of birth; telephone numbers; other demographic, medical history, personal, medical and financial information. Unauthorized access to the PII of members/employees must be prevented to the maximum extent possible."

Off the top of my head - CAPF 31 (personal information), 160 (medical history), 161 (personal information), 162 (medical history), and 163 (medical history).

"(1) CAP records/documents containing PII must be kept under lock and key or in a secure electronic file that is password protected when the records/documents are not in use."
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »

In this day and age, there's really no need for localized squadron rosters,
phone lists, etc.  Those that need that information can get to on-demand via eServices,
and those that don't need it, don't need it.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Nick
Seasoned Member

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »

Yeah I tend to agree with Eclipse on this. And to simplify the process for those who donít but do need to send out communications, make someone in charge of maintaining the distribution list(s).

Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: What are the rules - Squadron Rosters / Telephone & email lists / Phone trees?