FEMA IS-42 Social Media in Emergency Management

Started by Eclipse, July 23, 2012, 11:52:20 PM

Eclipse

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2353

https://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is42.asp

Start the clock - I say it becomes mandatory before the end of the year, possibly considered at the next NB.

I'm waiting for mine to be scored, I found most of the subject matter to be appropriate to both our operations and common-sense
use of Social Media in general.

"That Others May Zoom"

Woodsy

I took a very similar course, though more advanced and in-person, at our EOC today.  It was very informative! 

Since this one is online, I'll add it to my list.

As an aside, is there a place to upload certificates for classes like this that are not required for anything in e-services, just as a record of completion of additional training?

JeffDG

Might be a reasonable addition to the PIO and IC SQTRs.

Woodsy

Quote from: JeffDG on July 24, 2012, 03:04:00 AM
Might be a reasonable addition to the PIO and IC SQTRs.

Coming from a PIO I completely agree.  Personally I think the PIO requirements are way too light. 

Eclipse

Quote from: Woodsy on July 24, 2012, 02:39:54 AMAs an aside, is there a place to upload certificates for classes like this that are not required for anything in e-services, just as a record of completion of additional training?

You could upload it as an "other" in OPS Quals.

"That Others May Zoom"

Woodsy

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2012, 03:25:11 AM
Quote from: Woodsy on July 24, 2012, 02:39:54 AMAs an aside, is there a place to upload certificates for classes like this that are not required for anything in e-services, just as a record of completion of additional training?

You could upload it as an "other" in OPS Quals.

OK, thanks. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

rjfoxx

:(It looks like the course has been removed.  I was just on the FEMA site and IS-42 is no longer on the IS course list
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

Eclipse

Quote from: rjfoxx on July 24, 2012, 06:14:52 PM
It looks like the course has been removed.  I was just on the FEMA site and IS-42 is no longer on the IS course list

Interesting - the presentations can be found doing a search, but not the tests, and as stated it's not on the course lists either.

Well, I got mine!

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

The computer generated voice in the presentations is interesting. There are some pronunciation goofs.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Woodsy

Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2012, 07:13:36 AM
The computer generated voice in the presentations is interesting. There are some pronunciation goofs.

Reminds me of a girl I used to know...

AirDX

Not bad.  Got my certificate.  Thanks for the heads up.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.