Media request- Alabama tornadoes SAR

Started by CAPC/officer125, April 28, 2011, 01:30:25 AM

CAPC/officer125

My father owns his own business called VirtualNewsCenter (VNC). This business provides news for stations around the nation. He has several employees that do news for the areas in Alabama that were hit by tornadoes over the last several days. He is looking for units that are outside of the affected areas that have been called up to do SAR or ES missions (ie units in OKWG called to help in ALWG or unaffected portions of ALWG being called to help). He is primarily looking at the Tuscaloosa area that was hit this evening. He is requesting wing/mission commanders and/or PIOs to contact VNC at 866-956-6397. The following will happen when you call:

• You will get a voicemail. Please leave: identification and contact information, where you are from, where you are being called to help, what type of mission it is, and a contact number.
  • You will then receive a phone call back between 0800 and 1000 CST Thursday (28 April 2011) from an employee with VNC. The conversation will be no longer than 2 minutes and will be recorded for sound bytes.

The purpose behind this is so that VNC can let the communities involved know what their CAP people are up to as well as show the affected areas where the help is coming from.

Mods- I apologize is this inappropriate for this sort of forum. Please lock or delete if you feel necessary.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

WESSginger

Ok I'll see what I can do to get this to the right ppl tomorrow morning.
David Carriker, C/Capt, CAP
NESA staff #577/NBB Delta flight 2010/COS 2011 Flight 5

mclarke

Try e-mailing the surrounding wings. They could best distribute this, or to National's Public Affairs Offcer