New Mexico Wing supports SAR in Gila Wilderness

Started by solarpilot, January 11, 2011, 05:29:03 PM

solarpilot

The article does not focus solely on CAP, but it's a positive perspective on our operations, plus the mission had a good outcome.

From the Las Cruces Sun-News: http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_17022128
Communications Officer
MS, MRO, MO

capn_shad

Nice job, New Mexico!  Happy to see my old stomping grounds represented (although I did cringe a little when the Sun-News reporter called the Civil Air Patrol "little known".)  I'm an NMSU grad myself and it's nice to see a CAP squadron in the area!
CAPT Shad L. Brown
Public Affairs Officer
Pueblo Eagles Composite Squadron

wuzafuzz

That was a great article, and kudos to NMWG CAP for their involvement. 

Being a comm geek I was especially interested in the mention of CAP providing communications relay for the Border Patrol helicopter.  In a day where the hue and cry for multimillion dollar interoperable radio systems has become absurd, they got the job done with good ol' "VHF air to air."  Well done!   :clap:
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

solarpilot

Quote from: capn_shad on January 11, 2011, 07:00:50 PM
Nice job, New Mexico!  Happy to see my old stomping grounds represented (although I did cringe a little when the Sun-News reporter called the Civil Air Patrol "little known".)

Yeah, we cringed (and chuckled) at that too.  To be fair, the reporter was actually based out of Silver City, so they might not have been as familiar with CAP.
Communications Officer
MS, MRO, MO