Main Menu

Cap alumni pin update?

Started by darkmatter, January 27, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

darkmatter

So I applied for CAP alumni in "December?" And there's a lapel pin that you get, does any one know when national is expecting to send them out to poeple and send more information out?

Pace

This has been unlocked per request.
Lt Col, CAP

I have the same question - any progress or update?  I inquired about the alumni group & pin close to a year ago....

jeders

I got my pin at the national conference in San Antonio when they had a table set up, so I have no idea about getting a pin outside of an actual event. You can probably get better answers by emailing alumni@gocivilairpatrol.org.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Thanks - I have sent e-mails to the alumni group.  The first one was over a year ago when the program was announced.   After many months I heard nothing so I sent another one.  I was referred me to the website - I registered (again).  Many months passed & I heard nothing so I did it again & the process was repeated.  I received an e-mail in June from Ms. Maraman stating that "CAP is currently gauging, gathering, and maintaining CAP alumni interest."  In rereading the message, I noticed she also said "You should see more movement in the next year."

This program has the potential to bring in some funds - it is not a big deal with me, I was just curious and I like the concept.

dwb

The recently former Middle East Region Commander has signed on to help move the Alumni Association forward. If you filled out the form, my understanding is you will eventually receive a pin. Your info hasn't gone into the ether. I'm speaking as someone who filled out the form and who has also not received their pin.  :)

Col Knowles is an outstanding officer, so I expect we will indeed see some positive movement on the alumni group in the near future.