young high ranking Senior members

Started by flyguy06, August 12, 2008, 07:49:18 PM

Camas

I hope this isn't off topic but I gotta tell ya. Get away from the age thing and I have nothing but the deepest respect for any member who steps up to the plate and accepts a command position, whether squadron, group, wing or region. God bless you all.

ZigZag911

Even with my misgivings about over-youthful commanders, I have even greater respect for younger seniors and "senior citizen" seniors who accept command responisbility, often at a time in life when it is a greater burden than for us folks in our middle years.

ZigZag911

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 18, 2008, 05:34:49 AM
I dont know about that one. I mean there is a thing called span of control and unity of Command. A Region Commander has to be allowed to command.

Let the region CC make the choice (subject to NEC confirmation, or at least Nat'l CC) from a 'short list' of applicants vetted by a board (which should be appointed by Nat'l CC & CAP-USAF CC). The board chair should come from outside the region concerned.

John Bryan

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 22, 2008, 05:19:05 AM
Even with my misgivings about over-youthful commanders, I have even greater respect for younger seniors and "senior citizen" seniors who accept command responisbility, often at a time in life when it is a greater burden than for us folks in our middle years.

I know it has been stated that you only have to be 35 to be U.S. President.....almost everyone knows that Theodore Roosevelt was the youngest US President taking office at age 42.....

But the VP's have been even younger.....United State Vice President John Cabell Breckinridge was only 36 when he took office, he was elected at age 35 the minimum age required under the US constitution.

Willie Johnston earned the Medal of Honor at age 12.

My point is that you need to look at the person, not how many trips around the Sun they have made.   :)

ricecakecm

I became a Wing DO at age 24.  I was a Wing Ops Training Officer and temporary Stan/Eval Officer at 21.