A"What if" Thread... "Suppose CAPTALK got a C&D Order from National?"

Started by Major Carrales, October 02, 2007, 04:02:36 AM

wingnut

I think we may be heading into new waters, I am a retread in CAP former Cadet from the 70s and a Veteran of both the Air Force and the Army. I dislike the attitude of some of the "OLD GUARD", the guys who "DO as I Say, And not as I do",  we as an organization tread on thin Ice sometimes, with membership boards, 2Bs and all that. What worries me is if we look at the world of the 21st century; Civil Air Patrol cannot get mired in petty conflicts, we should be run like a modern day corporation in business practices, and as the Auxiliary of the United States Air Force, the Air Force and our Country needs us now more than ever. Having some people try to run rough shod on free speech will create chaos. What we need is for HQ to listen to the "Thin Blue Line", from what I see this is about the only forum for us worker bees.

Let's just be professional and use common courtesy

BlackKnight

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on October 02, 2007, 08:58:34 PM
Sooo... has anyone gotten thrown out of CAP for something they wrote here? <nervously looks over shoudler>

::) I'm still trying to remove the rubber cement that was dumped all over my keyboard from the last time I innocently posted an "inconvenient factoid" from the CAP public domain that apparently proved embarassing to he whom shall not be named. It all depends on who's in your chain of command.   
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

Chappy

There are those who find a correlary between the Ministry of Magic and National HQ.

Short Field

Trademark or copywrite infringement can force a change to the name of the site.  However, the forum content is pretty much protected.  Ford Motor Company went after a site that supported the Ford Superduty trucks.  The site had to change its name (and URL) but everything else stayed the same. 

However, comments that individuals make on these forums can always come back to haunt them...
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640