What to do while killing time

Started by dream57, July 20, 2011, 03:52:09 AM

dream57

Need some advice here.  I have been inactive for quite some time (and posted about it a few months) ago.  It was looking like I'd be able to get active again when I posted, but here I am on the other side of a very complicated PCS move and not much is happening.

The first squadron I called informed me in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome at a meeting without a uniform.  Fair enough, I suppose, except our household goods have been....misdirected and I really don't know when I'm going to be able to meet that requirement.

I know there have been some changes since I became inactive a few years ago.  Is there any training I can do while I'm waiting to be welcome ago?  I heard about new safety training?  Also, I am still in the 000 squadron from two wings ago.  How do I get that changed, seeing as I haven't lived in that state in years?  Or does it even matter?

Eclipse

Yes, it matters.  You might have seen from some of the discussions here, that many wings will not allow any active participation
for members in 000.

There's a few online classes you'll need to take, but you could knock those out in an hour, and otherwise, until you can find a unit willing
to accept you, there won't be much for you to do, especially if you're not even living in the wing you're 000'ed in.

Is your membership active?  Some wings have put everyone who was in 000 after "x" date in patron status.

"That Others May Zoom"

dream57

Quote from: Eclipse on July 20, 2011, 04:06:38 AM
Is your membership active?  Some wings have put everyone who was in 000 after "x" date in patron status.
I just renewed and it was $65 or whatever, so I assume I am still active.

So basically there's nothing I can do yet.  I know I should be asking people these questions in real life, but I'm getting the, "come to the meeting if you want to talk about getting involved again, but only in uniform" feeling from them.  Again, fair, but I'm impatient for information.

Eclipse

If you log into eServices, you can confirm your status, get current on safety training (it will prompt you to take a briefing.

If you've been gone a while, you probably need Equal Opportunity and Intro To Safety as well.  While you're in there, you might as well knock out all the
ORM classes (3 levels), and that should get you "current".

"That Others May Zoom"