What to say and when to say it

Started by ElectricPenguin, April 13, 2011, 06:00:49 PM

ElectricPenguin

If someone asked you, "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AROUND?!?!" when you wern't looking around, what would you say? Saying, "No excuse sir!" will usualy do you no good.

I woulden't want to end up like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9yKLXa-Xc

Ned

Anybody know what wing this is?

I was thinking of visiting a few encampments this summer.

Ned Lee

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Ned on April 13, 2011, 06:11:52 PM
Anybody know what wing this is?

I was thinking of visiting a few encampments this summer.

Ned Lee

I think it may be TXWG as someone in the comments said. Sadly, thats where im going for summer.

MIKE

So Ned, would this be an example?  ;D
Mike Johnston

davidsinn

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 13, 2011, 06:00:49 PM
If someone asked you, "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AROUND?!?!" when you wern't looking around, what would you say? Saying, "No excuse sir!" will usualy do you no good.

I woulden't want to end up like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9yKLXa-Xc

If you are at attention you do not answer because the POA requires silence... ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

What I would say, and what you should say, would be two entirely different conversations.

SarDragon

I looked for location clues, and didn't see any, except that it might be a front plate optional state. There were a couple of cars sans front tags.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Its an example alright.

Assuming this is in-processing, both of those staff cadets have yelled themselves hoarse and it's only day 1.
Where are the adults?

"That Others May Zoom"

jks19714

Somebody has been watching too many reruns of Full Metal Jacket.  ::)
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

Persona non grata

I hope that is all that happend there.  I can recall having my stuff thrown out a second floor window.  Sitting in the chair, how professional, that lad needs to have a 101 with one of the DI'S at Paris Island :D.   There is nothing wrong with projecting your voice in a loud manner but rest of this stuff needs to be knocked off Nation wide.   
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

N Harmon

Quote from: Eclipse on April 13, 2011, 06:40:18 PM
Its an example alright.

Assuming this is in-processing, both of those staff cadets have yelled themselves hoarse and its only day 1.
Where are the adults?

Look in the background and you will see him.  Seniors can not claim they didn't know this was going on

Also the USAF person on the right, just a second or so before the end of the video.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Major Lord

Its nice to know that "EST" and other groups will have no trouble recruiting future sensitivity trainers......

If I could travel through time and space, and Cadet Sgt Major R. Lee Ermey there asked what I was looking at, I would have asked him why he was wearing a rainbow coalition yellow support bracelet on his wrist?.......He needs a therapist, a qualified senior member to watch over him, and a voice therapist to help him recover from the vocal nodules he is developing. Apparently, there are more than two things that come from Texas!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

N Harmon

Quote from: Major Lord on April 13, 2011, 07:37:44 PMApparently, there are more than two things that come from Texas!

I don't think this is Texas.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: davidsinn on April 13, 2011, 06:37:58 PM
If you are at attention you do not answer because the POA requires silence... ;)
That is unless you are being adressed, then you answer the question.

I always answered that I am staring at infinity. If they ask what infinity is then that is 10 degrees above the horizon. There really is nothing that anyone can say about that answer.

Al Sayre

I was taught that infinity was "Sky blue pink with a purple hue! Sir!"
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

N Harmon

"Sir, my eyes are pointed in a Euclidean parallel direction, Sir!"

Ned

I got a PM that said that this does not appear to be Camp Swift, and since Texas apparently requires front license plates, that this may not be TXWG.

Any detectives out there?

Because I do feel like a road trip this summer.

HGjunkie

That looks like an AF... Lt. Col? Can't tell if he's a Major or Lt. Col.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Arkbird

I reconized some of the staff and basics.  I was a basic that year.  It's NCWG's 2009 Encampment at Camp Lejeune.
Multi-Purpose C/Capt
COS 2011
NCLS 2013

Eclipse

Ignore, wrong guess.

Pics from the activity and the news article would jive with the video.

"That Others May Zoom"