"History" subject under "General Discussion" catagory

Started by alamrcn, August 31, 2009, 06:50:25 PM

alamrcn

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Gunner C

It looks like we have a real treasure trove of CAP history here.  I haven't seen so much in one space anywhere.  I'm thinking that this could be a real resource for CAP historians, especially if all of the information was put in one spot.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

James Shaw

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

alamrcn

>>> BUMP <<<

I keep seeing CAP History related threads strung out ALL OVER the board, that go without much discussion and possibly not even read by those who might benefit from, contribute to, and enjoy them the most.

There is so much information and so many discussions that could be consolidated into a History area. The other areas might even benefit from the "clean up" of these threads.

PLEASE ? ? ?     :-*

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Spike

whatevah

I'm still not seeing a lot of activity.  I only see a handful of threads posted in the last 60 from all the boards that would be moved into a history section.  Not really worth my time to create a new board and spend the time to move just a couple threads into it.   This may be a "chicken or the egg" type thing, but it's what we've used for creating the other boards.    Now, if somebody wanted to grease my paypal account... ;)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

alamrcn

Jerry -

If that's what it takes, I'm in for $10!
Anyone want to match/beat my donation to the board?

Considering how much benefit it could potentially have towards documenting, preserving and sharing CAP's history and related subjects... Yeah, it's that important to me!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Dracosbane

alamrcn

:clap: SHWEET!  :clap:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You won't regret it!

Do I send a PayPal payment to: -
Or does the board have its own donation account?

If anyone sees a history related thread already in progress out there on the board, "MOD FLAG" it to be moved over to the new subject  :)

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

whatevah

I was just kidding (mostly) about the paypal (and that's not the address I use for paypal).   There might be an announcement in the future about supporting CAPTalk monetarily, feel free to use that, if we ever do it, and if you feel you need to.

Yeah, I guess use the report to moderator link.  Not all threads will be moved, depending on how we feel about it.  My goal is kinda to have more stuff actually of use to historians and people doing research.  Some of the topics suggested earlier were not moved.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin