What to study?

Started by skippytim, November 27, 2007, 10:55:13 AM

skippytim

Is there a guide on what exactly to study for each promotion somewhere that I havn't found in my hour of searching? If so, would someone kindly link me?

If not...What should I study to promote from Cadet Basic to Cadet Airman, C/Amn to C/AFC, and C/AFC to C/SAm?

Thank you.

addo1

Start with the Leadership manual studying that for the Cadet Airman, then do leadership 2 and study a Aerospace Education manual.  If you just signed up, the material should be in the mail to you.  There are also drill and ceremonies tests witch you will take every so often.  The PT requirements is on "The first step" Cd which will be mailed to you shortly.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Briski

This is kind of off topic, but I can't let the opportunity pass.

If my interpretation of this situation is right, based on the queston asked and the signature of the person who answered it: a brand new C/AB asked a question, and a C/Amn answered the question based on having a little more training and experience.

I love it. That's how it's supposed to work, y'all.

I've seen so many more experienced cadets let their rank/position go to their head and talk down to the less experienced cadets in such a way that those less experienced cadets lose faith in the system and stop (or in some cases, never start) trusting their leaders, and stop asking questions.

And, of course, it wouldn't be an online leadership training moment with The Briski if it didn't include the really eloquent-sounding words of some people who are smarter'n I am, so without any further ado:

"Rank is simply the authority to serve other people. The more military rank you have, the more people you have the authority to serve, but more importantly, the obligation to serve, support, and mentor. This is your primary responsibility that comes with your rank." - Lt Col Michael Marra, USAF

"The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership." - GEN Colin Powell, USA (Ret.)

Okay, you may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion. :)
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

DrDave

An excellent rexource for examples of leadership and aerospace education test questions that I share with my squadrons and with the cadets of my former squadron is maintained at the following site by the Canandaigua Composite Squadron:

http://mdln.hws.edu/cap/modules/index.asp

Gives you an idea of what to expect, can also help parents who are helping their cadets study the material.

Regards,
Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."