What's after Cadet Commander?

Started by captmorgan, January 19, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

captmorgan

Hello all,

I am looking for ideas for cadets who have already served as cadet commander and are looking for other opportunities in the Cadet Program to stay involved until they are eligible to transfer to the Senior Program.

Thanks!!
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I.. I took the one less traveled by and that made all the difference." -Robert Frost

ol'fido

At this point it is time to spend less time with the cadets and start learning to be a senior . Your CDC should arrange for you to start a shadow assignment with one of the senior staff members. You should also be helping your successor as c/cc discreetly and without undermining his authority.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

NCSA's, IACE, RCLS, Encampment and other Large activity staff, CAC, etc., etc.

Grade -appropriate cadet commanders, especially ones who have been successful, are generally looking to move on
from unit-level activities in more personal growth areas.

Those who ascend too quickly, or at an inappropriate grade level, often find themselves with no challenges at the unit, and
ill-prepared, or even not eligible to participate in many outside activities.

"That Others May Zoom"

coudano

the same thing we do every night pinky...

lordmonar

Quote from: captmorgan on January 19, 2013, 11:48:48 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for ideas for cadets who have already served as cadet commander and are looking for other opportunities in the Cadet Program to stay involved until they are eligible to transfer to the Senior Program.

Thanks!!
Well....taking on a staff position with they squadron (not on the cadet staff), They are opening staff positions for cadets at wing level (safety and PAO have cadet staff positions IRRC) there's alway CAC at wing/regional/national level.  There is getting involved with Encampment planning and running NCOS, COS etc.  Lots of things you can do.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP