*****URGENT HELP PLEASE*****

Started by GabeTP, February 04, 2016, 09:37:29 PM

GabeTP

Hello all, this is C/SSgt Beach. For those who are applying to be staff at encampment, what is the letter and what is the format for the letter?

Thank you,

Beach
;)
Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

GabeTP

Again, my application is DUE TOMMOROW, so thank you for your swift responses!!!!
Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

THRAWN

Quote from: GabeTP on February 04, 2016, 09:40:21 PM
Again, my application is DUE TOMMOROW, so thank you for your swift responses!!!!

What encampment? Have you contacted your chain of command or the encampment to ask them?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

GabeTP

Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

CAPDCCMOM

Word of advice Cadet, don't wait for the last moment and then panic. You are a C/NCO. Never look like you are not in control of the situation. Read the Learn to Lead about reacting from emotion.

Good Luck

THRAWN

AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

GabeTP

Okay I was just emailed about the applications today, and I was also just informed today that they are due tomorrow- please only post on this thread if you are trying to help!
Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

THRAWN

Quote from: GabeTP on February 04, 2016, 09:49:40 PM
Okay I was just emailed about the applications today, and I was also just informed today that they are due tomorrow- please only post on this thread if you are trying to help!

Your failure to plan and not do the slightest bit or research into the topic before hitting the panic button is not our emergency. Info has been out for over 60 days.

Here are the instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwk9BkjqRppPZzY1M0JhTGNic1U/view
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

GabeTP

If you could PLEASE send me a link or something, that would be outstanding!
Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

THRAWN

Quote from: GabeTP on February 04, 2016, 09:51:53 PM
If you could PLEASE send me a link or something, that would be outstanding!

I posted 2 links. Bon chance!
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CAPDCCMOM

Cadet, I certainly hope you have never spoken to a Senior Member in your unit like that. There is a word for that, "insubordination". You asked for help, you did not like the answer.

Garibaldi

Plus, you need to learn the following phrase and live it:

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

It may not be your fault that the deadline was closer than you thought, but please remember that the vast majority of posters to CAPTalk are adult senior officers. Your commander most likely watches this board but may not post as a rule, so check yourself before you wreck yourself, aight?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

A.Member

You failed to plan and now want us to spoon feed info to you?!  Really?!

Let me help:  When all the other cadets are away at encampment this summer, reflect on why you aren't there and how you've since adjusted your approach so that will never happen again.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

GabeTP

Guys I'm sorry, but I didn't know this website was moderated by senior member. I was expecting an enviorment more like my squadron, not encampment. I am just extremely stressed out, and I really appreciate your help,  THRAWN
Thank you,

-Gabe Beach

Гугл переводчик

Just for your information, this site is used and frequented by folks from local all the way to national, and maybe even the folks that choose positions at this encampment.

As with you believing this site wasn't "like encampment," shouldn't you be following the core values of excellence and respect anyway?
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

A.Member

Quote from: GabeTP on February 04, 2016, 10:12:45 PM
Guys I'm sorry, but I didn't know this website was moderated by senior member. I was expecting an enviorment more like my squadron, not encampment. I am just extremely stressed out, and I really appreciate your help,  THRAWN
So, in your mind, that makes your behavior in some way acceptable?  Check out:  Integrity and Repect
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Pace

Next time someone asks about why more people and/or cadets do not participate on this website, please reflect on this thread.

A cadet who is in serious need of help (which he knows) and guidance (which everyone made painfully clear) was flamed so badly that he might never come back and seek help here again. There certainly were some lessons to be learned here, but you also could remember back to being that age and throw him a bone before more gracefully guiding him to the importance of preparation and timeliness. I give him a little credit for seeking out a resource to resolve the situation he found himself in. If it became a pattern, that's a different story. We don't know his background or situation, and no one bothered to ask. YMMV

This website does not tolerate SMs berating cadets any more than it does Lt Cols berating Lts based solely on grade.
Lt Col, CAP

CAPDCCMOM

Well Cadet Beach, welcome to CAPTalk, the hard way. More advice for you if you want it. When getting ready for Encampment, or any other activity, don't sit, wait, and pray that information will be heading your way. Generally speaking, it won't. Get out there and get the information that you need. If your Cadet Commander does not have it, ask your CDC, then ask your CC. Keep asking until you find out what you need to know. Don't worry about being a "pest", people will get much less annoyed than when the last minute panic happens. Remember, you are a C/NCO, to whom much is given, much is expected.

You thought that this was just Cadets talking. Well, let this be a lesson to you. We follow our Core Values, at all times. Not just when the Senior Members are looking. As a matter of fact, I guess I should have remembered that a couple of posts ago. My apologies Cadet. As a CDC and a Mom, we are always watching. Good Luck Cadet Beach.

Al Sayre

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on February 04, 2016, 11:36:13 PM
Well Cadet Beach, welcome to CAPTalk, the hard way. More advice for you if you want it. When getting ready for Encampment, or any other activity, don't sit, wait, and pray that information will be heading your way. Generally speaking, it won't. Get out there and get the information that you need. If your Cadet Commander does not have it, ask your CDC, then ask your CC. Keep asking until you find out what you need to know. Don't worry about being a "pest", people will get much less annoyed than when the last minute panic happens. Remember, you are a C/NCO, to whom much is given, much is expected.

You thought that this was just Cadets talking. Well, let this be a lesson to you. We follow our Core Values, at all times. Not just when the Senior Members are looking. As a matter of fact, I guess I should have remembered that a couple of posts ago. My apologies Cadet. As a CDC and a Mom, we are always watching. Good Luck Cadet Beach.

This is good advice for all CAP members, especially the new ones.  You are responsible for your own destiny, in CAP as well as life in general.  It's extremely unlikely that someone will guide you along by the hand, so you need to do your homework ahead of time and set your own course.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Garibaldi

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on February 04, 2016, 11:36:13 PM

Concur and do not concur. A cadet pestering me because I forgot to approve his GT SQTR for nine weeks is fine. A cadet pestering me week after week about promotion boards, PT, testing...big sack of nope. With a side of WTF.

Something like this situation...yes. This is a big event, probably his first if I recall (tl;dr), and he is very very anxious to go and have all he needs. Pester the CoC for form signatures, lists of items needed and forbidden, and gear. But do it respectfully.

We have a tendency to dogpile. I am not excluding myself from this, as I have flamed many a cadet here for grammar and such (and even a few SMs). We question why they did not consult their own CoC. We ask why they didn't RTFM. We give them the information begrudgingly and with not a little sarcasm.

Is this the message we want to send to the cadets on this board? That we, their mentors and leaders, through the "anonymity" of this message board (which ain't so anonymous) circle around the cadets who post questions, and snarl and gnash our teeth when they ask for our help, then begrudgingly give it along with a healthy dose of snark?

True, cadets sometimes think this is a message board for cadets, just as they would any kind of social media. "Teh senoir memburz dont haz teh social media....they haz teh dumz!!!!111!1!! lol nubz" But that doesn't give us license to get up out of our lawn chairs and scream "GET OFF MY LAWN!" like a bunch of crabby old men/women. As I said above, I'm way guilty of this too, but that doesn't translate into how I deal with the cadets in real life. In fact, it's the complete opposite. And it shouldn't be. It should be 100% respect on both sides of the monitor.

Guilty as charged, trying to change.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things