Main Menu

Gear for ES

Started by ARandomCadet, June 28, 2013, 05:04:26 AM

ARandomCadet

So I'm about to be a C/Amn, just waiting on PT, and with becoming a C/Amn comes the ability to become GES qualified and then a member of a GT. When I become a C/Amn, I am going to take the test over GES so I can become GES qualified (I already have read the presentation several times). I know that there are the lists for the 24hr and 72hr packs of what is needed in them, but I need suggestions of what I should have for gear bags and the like (MOLLE vests, good quality gear, reflective striping for the MOLLE vests [will sew them on] and other gear related items that I should know about). Thanks!
P.S. I also would be using some of this gear for Boy Scout events that I may at some point teach (SAR merit badge, first aid challenges, other basic ES stuff)

SarDragon

Go to the home page, click Tools of the Trade, and look through the various threads with gear and 24hr. You'll find a multitude of posts to base your decisions on. The questions have already been asked and answered, all you have to do is read them. Once you have some really specific questions on a particular item, then come back and ask.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret