Main Menu

BDU Source

Started by ♠SARKID♠, May 18, 2008, 04:16:42 AM

♠SARKID♠

Asking on behalf of another member - What is a good source for quality BDUs other than AAFES, CAP supply, Vanguard, Hock, or a surplus store?

CadetProgramGuy

Donations from the local guard unit. (good Luck tho.....)

SSgt Rudin

The internet, I think that is the only thing you didn't mention on your list.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

davedove

Try bdu.com

I got my blue CAP field uniform from them.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Eclipse

Quote from: davedove on May 18, 2008, 11:21:46 AM
Try bdu.com

I got my blue CAP field uniform from them.

Ditto, assuming I have the time to get them shipped, the only place I'd buy them.

AAFES doesn't carry BDU's anymore, but other military clothing sales locations and sources still do.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

One of my cadets got a set of BDUs from BDU.com, they seem to be pretty decent, and they were a decent price.

Tubacap

Did they get the Premium or discount bdu's?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

DC

Quote from: Tubacap on May 18, 2008, 05:35:06 PM
Did they get the Premium or discount bdu's?
I don't know, but based on how they looked, probably the premium...

C JMeyer

thehock.com -> shop now -> package deals -> has every thing in a set. fair prices and ! no matter how much you order shipping is $5

C/AMN Jerod T Meyer, CAP
ColSac Composite Squadron
GLR-WI-196

MIKE

Quote from: C JMeyer on May 19, 2008, 01:47:43 AM
thehock.com -> shop now -> package deals -> has every thing in a set. fair prices and ! no matter how much you order shipping is $5

Quality of uniforms and insignia not so hot IMO.
Mike Johnston

DC

Quote from: MIKE on May 19, 2008, 02:00:40 AM
Quote from: C JMeyer on May 19, 2008, 01:47:43 AM

Quality of uniforms and insignia not so hot IMO.
Quality could be better, but it is serviceable, and a cadet that orders from there can expect to get it before they apply for Social Security, can't say that for Vanguard...

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on May 19, 2008, 02:09:11 AM
Quality could be better, but it is serviceable, and a cadet that orders from there can expect to get it before they apply for Social Security, can't say that for Vanguard...

Sorry, I can't agree with that statement - I know that people have had issues, but my last two orders have been 100% correct, including a 100+ piece order that arrived fully complete and correct in two business days.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

You may have received your entire order. But the quality of their stuff, especially cloth patches and their BDU's, leaves a lot to be desired.

Gunner C

Quote from: PHall on May 19, 2008, 04:09:42 AM
You may have received your entire order. But the quality of their stuff, especially cloth patches and their BDU's, leaves a lot to be desired.

The Hock must have found an outlet for BDUs that isn't a military supplier.  I've seen these in stores and there is a difference.  These may be rejects due to quality or they many be knock-offs.  This may be the wave of the future.

GC

Eclipse

Agreed - I would not buy anything from Vanguard that I could buy anywhere else - especially uniform items such as BDU's or service dress, however from a service and delivery standpoint, they are getting better.

While their website leaves a lot to be desired, their support people were quick and helpful finding items I had trouble with.

If you want mil-spec items with proper colors, fit, and no seconds, bdu.com, AAFES, and your local MCSS are the way to go.  Local retail "surplus" stores next.

Shop anywhere else and you will get what you pay for.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: Gunner C on May 19, 2008, 01:41:10 PM

The Hock must have found an outlet for BDUs that isn't a military supplier.  I've seen these in stores and there is a difference.  These may be rejects due to quality or they many be knock-offs.  This may be the wave of the future.

GC
The Hock Shop orders a good deal of their catalog from a company called Rothco. They offer several different qualities of BDUs, but none are up to MilSpec. The cheap ones are really, really cheesy. They look alright, but they feel totally different. The weight of the fabric, the quality of the stitching and buttons, even the little pull tabs on the waist of the pants are really substandard.