Main Menu

Dear NHQ.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 08, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Shuman 14

Quote from: lordmonar on October 19, 2014, 03:54:18 AM
After 10 posts about math.........you bet your 4th point of contact......as soon as we make the blues THE uniform.....we will have a bunch of people complaining.

And that's the point I was trying to make, regardless if everyone was allowed USAF Blues or one corporate para-Military was adopted for everyone, there would be some that will have the full kit the day it is authorized; some who will continue their current uniform choice up until the last minute it is authorized; and some who will bellyache about cost even if its the uniform that they want to wear.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on October 19, 2014, 01:47:15 AM
Assuming his research and pricing for his materials is correct, his math is not off. I attained the same result.

However, I believe the uniform manual does list a few items he does not include in the list.

1. Underwear
2. Senior member officer's or NCO's insignias.
3. Ribbons.
4. Tie clips or pins.
5. Socks.

Adding this would have made his math off. Is this what you mean by his math being off? But he already covered it by stating "over $300."

And don't forget the required tailoring for the service dress uniform - add sleeve braid and adjust the sleeve length on the jacket and trouser tailoring. And these are not free on the officer service dress uniform!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Private Investigator

Either way you can not make everyone happy. Some Senior Squadrons live in their polo shirts and other Senior Squadrons love their Air Force blue no matter what they weight.

Now Cadet squadrons is another story   ::)

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Private Investigator on October 19, 2014, 07:48:49 PM
Either way you can not make everyone happy. Some Senior Squadrons live in their polo shirts and other Senior Squadrons love their Air Force blue no matter what they weight.

I can only speak from experience in the one senior squadron I was part of.

Even polo shirts was pushing it sometimes.  It was usually just a CAP hat of some kind, or flight suits with no insignia other than leather nameplate.

Getting the unit into G/W caused grumbling, moreso with the blazer.

I was the only one who wore the blue uniform and BDU's (BBDU's didn't exist then).

On several occasions I was asked why I "wasted money" on all that when all I "needed" was the polo shirt (grey trousers were even somewhat of a rarity).

I do agree that, even if Hades were to register -115 degrees Kelvin and the AF would remove all limitations on their uniform, and CAP would make that the mandatory, sole uniform, there would be grumbling from people who think of CAP as basically a flying "Squad 51" (no offence; Emergency! was one of my favourites as a kid) and actively dislike any military connections.

There are a fair amount of Mennonites around where I grew up who, frankly, I probably could have recruited to CAP because they liked the life-saving aspect...however, they most certainly did not like the quasi-military aspects or young people in military-type uniforms (they disliked the BSA for the same reason).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Al Sayre

You know, you can never make everyone happy, so the best you can do is make everyone equally unhappy...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Cliff_Chambliss

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 21, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
You know, you can never make everyone happy, so the best you can do is make everyone equally unhappy...

Oh, you mean like the FAA?
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

JeffDG

Motto of Air Canada in my homeland:  "We're not happy, until you're not happy."

THRAWN

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on October 21, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Oh, you mean like the FAA?

Oh, I see what you did there....I love regulator jokes....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Johnny Yuma

Before we start pointing fingers at Senior members uniformity (despite the fact they're all in compliance with 39-1) I can point to all kinds of pics of newbie cadets wearing all manner of uniform items to meetings, even to an encampment, that are so outside of regulation it makes your head spin.

Lay off the old guys until your own house is in order...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Eclipse

A senior member wearing his uniform improperly is the failure of a senior member.

A cadet wearing his uniform improperly is the failure of a senior member.

See how that works?

"That Others May Zoom"