Main Menu

Cadet Ball Tips

Started by A1Steaksauce, November 05, 2006, 02:36:23 AM

A1Steaksauce

Does anybody out there have any suggestions form planning/conducting a Cadet Ball? I'd really like to have one in my wing but don't know if there are specific rules/regulations for them? Several major questions I have are: What blues combination should be worn? Should it be formal or more like a high school dance? And are Cadets allowed to invite a non CAP guest?

Thanks

DNall

Yeah it's real close to dining out. There's a protocal reg for CAP, and a more thorough one for AF, also one for AFROTC that give you the step-by-step on putting it together. You have to go find that stuff yourself. It seems somewhat daunting, but it's not that hard if you get a team together.

Semi-formal is the uniform (mess dress for seniors). You can stretch that to service dress, but shouldn't go any less formal than that. It's nice to get dressed up for these kinds of things.

Certainly I'd think it appropriate to invite non-CAP guests/dates. I don't know where you are to speak to what scale you're talking about, but it might be fun to tie it in with other some other cadet programs so long as you don't feel like you'd be dominated by them numbers wise.

Major Lord

Our Squadron had a formal ball last month. It took about 6 months of planning. Dress was formal (mess Dress for Sr. Members, Blues for Cadet males, Ball gown or blues for females) There was a formal Color Guard, POW ceremony, formal toast, etc. The activity was held at the Officer's Club on Travis AFB.

Prior to the activity, the organizer, Lt. Kathy Young, arranged Ball room dance lessons for everyone intererested. These training sessions were well attended. Civilian dates and guests were welcome ( I believe the cost was 22.00 per person) We had Marines in uniform. Very cool . ( We did have to teach them about silver ware though...)

The Ballroom dance instructors also brought half a dozen drop-dead-beautiful, Mark One-Mod Zero civilian type girls to act as dance partners and instructors.

The group Commander and a a number of other dignitaries attended, and we also arranged a videographer to produce a DVD of the event.

I have to admit that this was an awesome activity, and formal balls have all but disappeared in CAP ( being replaced by the after activity rock and roll dance)

Capt. A.R. Lord
Travis Composite Sq 22
The Fightenest' Squadron in the United Sates Air Force Auxiliary!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."