2009 National Board dates

Started by flyguy06, May 04, 2009, 02:45:34 PM

flyguy06

What are the dates for the National Board conference this summer?

IceNine

2009 National Convention and National Board Meeting will be held 2-5 September 2009 at the Marriott San Antonio Rivercenter, San Antonio, TX.  Details will be posted in January.

Of course the details are not posted, and the you can see HERE that they have "postponed" updating the webpage and have passed both the January and April dates they set all by themselves

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

BrandonKea

Bump.

Does anyone know what the deal with this is? It's almost June and still no details.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

billford1

Why not put off today what you can then put off tomorrow? What's a couple of years when the members' opinions don't really matter?

heliodoc

With all the talk of CAP wanting MORE DHS missions and their consistent not getting any important info to the membership is a telling of an organization that needs more than help

IF CAP wants missions and is receiving Federal money then it is time NHQ gets a move on in info delivery.  If the current crop of CAPers think "just because we are CAP" and our business is no one elses.....then it is time for another scathing GAO check on our activities

AN organization that consistently has ICL after ICL for uniform "stuff" and can not get the basic info out about previous Board meetings shows a COMPLETE lack of getting things done in/ on a timely manner

Anyone criticizing Guv workers ....  this procrastination shows nothing more than a bunch of adults TRYING to be important thinking they are busy.....no busier than the rest of us with families, work, etc

These folks at NHQ are not that special....  May be want to be on top of the ball when getting those DHS missions you all are dreaming about.....cuz when somebody says jump about doing an AAR after a mission and you do not complete it on time, and funding dries up.........it will make making BoG and Natl board Metting look like being on time...

Alot of the REAL responders are looking at this........and in many cases CAP sure brings on its own problems.  Call me pessimistic and negative toward CAP

NHQ lacks real time on target for alot of timely needs or deadlines.  If I were an employer looking at some of those adults....I would really be wondering

Cecil DP

To get back on subject. National usually starts sending out e-mail and snail mail announcements about the Conference in May and June. Allowing you to preregister for the conferences.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

BrandonKea

Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP