www.govx.com Discount Site for Govt

Started by billford1, May 08, 2013, 11:23:18 PM

billford1

I successfully signed up with a website that features discount gear for Govt employees. Try www.govx.com and there's a selection for Federal Govt and then select "Other". When I signed on I had the option to call and get admission as a Govt Employee with Civil Air Patrol.

a2capt

the "party" will be over soon. That's the same founders as USStandardIssue.com that dropped CAP previously.

Al Sayre

You can also sign up if you're a Veteran.  Checked their prices on a few things, about the same as Amazon.  I didn't see any especially great deals...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

a2capt

It's all marketing. By selecting a demographic that is likely to buy select products and offering them "only" to them, with a bunch of spiel, a few dollars off, because presumably the targeted demographic will do your advertising for you ..

But in the end, the idea is to turn a profit, and the products cost the same.

Eclipse

When Oakley moved to requiring a .gov email address for that site, I signed up using mine, apparently I was validated, but I never bought anything.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Others who got accepted had their stuff just stop working after a while, for no reason. When inquiring they're told no CAP. So, we'll see what happens here.

billford1

They except not only military but also state and local govt employees. When I told the guy I planned to post govx.com access to CAP he was appreciative. Apparently unlike the Oakley govx gets it. In the end why exclude CAP with the result being less sale$.

SarDragon

Quote from: billford1 on May 09, 2013, 03:20:00 AM
They except accept not only military but also state and local govt employees. When I told the guy I planned to post govx.com access to CAP he was appreciative. Apparently unlike the Oakley govx gets it. In the end why exclude CAP with the result being less sale$.

FTFY.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eeyore

I've been able to continue renewing USStandardIssue.com, with CAP ID only, without a problem. Granted, my next renewal comes up next month, they may not allow it this time around.

ZombieButter

Quote from: a2capt on May 09, 2013, 12:10:13 AM
the "party" will be over soon. That's the same founders as USStandardIssue.com that dropped CAP previously.

Negative, Just renewed with them and bought new lenses.

Devil Doc

That is Funny. They denied me because I was Civil Air Patrol. I then showed them I work for the VA and a Disabled Veteran and they accepted it. Your lucky if they still accepted yours.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

ZombieButter

Quote from: Devil Doc on May 13, 2013, 12:38:41 PM
That is Funny. They denied me because I was Civil Air Patrol. I then showed them I work for the VA and a Disabled Veteran and they accepted it. Your lucky if they still accepted yours.

;D I'll create a tutorial to help y'all get by.

fyrfitrmedic

If memory serves, Oakley's issue with CAP stemmed from a current or former Captalk user being a world-class toolbag to their customer-service personnel.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn