Aircrew Emergency Training?

Started by Woodsy, April 14, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

Woodsy

Has anyone actually completed this yet?  I don't mean the online train-the-trainer course, but the actual "teach a non-pilot observer how to land" part.

I haven't heard of any courses offered yet in my wing or region, so was just wondering if this has been fully rolled out yet or if it's still in the works. 

Rick-DEL

I was looking for information too....

lordmonar

I think the course is still in development IIRC.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Eclipse

We had a couple people asking to be SETs for this. 

Um, for what?

End transmission.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on April 15, 2013, 04:27:47 PM
CAP Instructor pilots can access the curriculum under LMS if I recall correctly (not an Instructor Pilot, so I don't have access to it).

Woodsy

Quote from: JeffDG on April 15, 2013, 08:42:11 PM
CAP Instructor pilots can access the curriculum under LMS if I recall correctly (not an Instructor Pilot, so I don't have access to it).

Yes, I know of a couple IP's that have taken the online course, but I haven't heard of any practical eval's. 

JeffDG

Quote from: Woodsy on April 15, 2013, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on April 15, 2013, 08:42:11 PM

Yes, I know of a couple IP's that have taken the online course, but I haven't heard of any practical eval's.
Ahhh...me neither.

I know some IPs who were looking at going after some grants to put on such a course (the AF has flatly refused to fund it, or even permit it as a "B" AFAM even), but I've not been following it very closely.