Main Menu

This one cadet... in my wing

Started by Cmdbuddy, July 11, 2005, 10:19:04 PM

Cmdbuddy

There's this one cadet that I have all kinds of stories about.  Here's just a few of my personal favorites:

- On my (and his) first SAREX, he tried to lift up a welded shut drain to look for an ELT.  He also proceded to crawl underneath the USS Kidd (the battleship docked for tours in Baton Rouge, LA). 

- LAWG has a mobile command station that we like to call "The Beast."  I show up to a SAREX one time and he's ontop of The Beast setting up antennas.  He's wearing an orange vest, with rope attached to several $1 keychain carabiners.  The other end of the rope was attached to the top of The Beast.  I guess this was his "Safety gear."  The only problem was, there was about 30 ft of rope, and The Beast is about 15 feet tall. 

- At a LAWG Encampment, he was late for formation (during his first year.)  The flight commander ran into the barracks to get him, and he was spraying Febreeze on his bare skin.  He said it was his deoderant.

- Instead of using boot blousers, he ducttapes his BDU pants to his leg. 

- He was flying as observer one day at a SAREX, and wanted to look cool like the rest of the crew.  Since he didn't have a lapboard, he ducttaped a notepad to his leg and walked around with it flopping around all day. 
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

Pace

This same person also came to a Scanner/Observer course on a CAPFlight.  Since he didn't like flying over water, he showed up with a flotation device around his neck and left it on there for a few hours.

BTW, he still duct tapes his BDU pants.
Lt Col, CAP

Cmdbuddy

That's great...

By the way, this thread isn't just about this one person.  This is open to other peple who want to talk about the goofier people of CAP.
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

Greg

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on July 12, 2005, 08:14:54 PM
That's great...

By the way, this thread isn't just about this one person.  This is open to other peple who want to talk about the goofier people of CAP.

I know this one C/Lt Col who goes to Auburn..... ;D
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: Greg on July 13, 2005, 10:08:23 AM
I know this one C/Lt Col who goes to Auburn..... ;D

Oh, Oh!  I've heard of this person!  Man... those stories are something else...    ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Schmidty06

There's this cadet in my squadron who will not shut up.  Two four hour drives to Great Falls and back (four hours there, four hours back) in the van were horrible.  Even after we all started ignoring him (trying to see if he'd shut up) he just kept on talking to himself.

Pace

Quote from: Schmidty06 on July 13, 2005, 07:53:15 PM
There's this cadet in my squadron who will not shut up.  Two four hour drives to Great Falls and back (four hours there, four hours back) in the van were horrible.  Even after we all started ignoring him (trying to see if he'd shut up) he just kept on talking to himself.

Duct tape is a wonderful thing...
Lt Col, CAP

Xeno

Quote from: Schmidty06 on July 13, 2005, 07:53:15 PM

I had a similar situation once, only instead of one cadet, it was three. After two hours in the van with them argueing and being annoying, I had to order them to be quiet, they were driving our driver and myself nuts. One of them had a cell phone which he used to repeatedly call my cell phone and then hang up. Needless to say, by the end of the trip I had three cellphones in the front-seat with me.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

Schmidty06

We started playing "Sergeant Schmidt Says"  and Sergeant Schmidt said, "Shut up!!!"

Horn229

In 1999 at Leadership Academy, this one cadet didn't use a rag or cotton ball to shine his shoes/boots. No, he used his Blues Flight Cap.
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

whatevah

man... I remember that little kid.  he actually wore the same hat, at the end of the week when we were in blues.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major_Chuck

I know this 'older' (70ish) senior member who was into gadgets.  Purchased a personal combination flashing red light and backup alarm.  He wore it strapped to his sleeve.

He also painted his tactical call sign on top of his camper shell.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Major_Chuck

We also have a senior member that wears a bicycle helmet...while driving his early 1980's Chevette.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Jerry

There's always "this one cadet" in every Wing. We had 'em in 1964 and we got 'em now! Very little changes. There's always the prankster, always the shy one, always the "stinkbug"--if you know what I mean! ;)  Then there's the one that snores at 8 on the Richter scale at encampment, the one that will eat us out of house and home. There's the one we called "donut" and we used to sing their commercial at her. (I'm a donut nut, I'm a donut nut, I'm a nut for Krispy Kreme!")  It's what makes life interesting, I suppose.

Jerry

MustangCadet

yhis new cadet in my squadron well lets just say shes not the brightest bulb in the bunch. We call her "the beast" cause she has a nose like an elephant with a cold. She also asked me what the "Big Apple" was. I mean come on the "Big Apple" EVERYONE knows the "Big Apple", well obviouly not. But anyway she continues to make a fool of her self asking stupid questions and not being able to stand at an even close to descent attention.
C/CMSgt Anthony Gallozzi
Mustang Cadet Squadron
RMR-CO-148
HGA White Hat '07

Chris Jacobs

ok this is not a CAP cadet but i do know this one person that made the bigest fool out of her self when she tried to read the word "island" on the chalk board.  after sitting in the class for a while she asked "where is " Ish Land" "  trying to read the word island.  every one looked at her for a while and then just laughed at her when we figured out what she was trying to pronounce.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

shorning

Quote from: MustangCadet on November 15, 2005, 11:25:55 PMI mean come on the "Big Apple" EVERYONE knows the "Big Apple"

A very large piece of fruit? 

Just because you're familiar with the phrase doesn't mean everyone is. ::)

footballrun21

This one cadet in my squadron is from England.  His family moved here not too long ago.  Whenever he salutes, such as reporting, he does the funky british salute with the plam facing out.  He's lowered his hand a little, but everytime I see it I start laughing.

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

Matt

Assumingly he was a Royal Air Cadet and is no longer, perhaps you should train him the proper saluting technique we use?  However, if he was a RAC, then it may take some re-training.

We had Royal Canadian Air Cadets for our RCLS (Wisconsin Cadet Academy) two years ago, and they had no problems with our drill and courtesies after about one day.  Just sit with him and train him, he'll most likely be more than willing to learn.

Matt
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

thefischNX01

If this is the same cadet I'm thinking of, the good Cadet has tried to re-train him, to little avail. 
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/