Main Menu

Paton member status

Started by Angus, November 13, 2009, 04:07:29 PM

Angus

If a senior were to transfer to patron member status because their work schedule were so busy they know they can't participate would they keep all their awards and grade if they were to go active again later?  I know ES ratings would be lost if the expire date were to pass.  But everything else I wasn't sure about.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

dwb

Yes.  I think you may have to be fingerprinted again when you reactivate, depending on length of time you were away.

AlphaSigOU

Quoth CAPR 39-2:

Quoteb. Patron Member. A patron member is a financial supporter who maintains current membership through payment of annual membership dues and participates in a limited capacity as outlined below.

1) Patron members may:

a) Receive a specially annotated membership card.
b) Receive the Civil Air Patrol News.
c) Receive discounts associated with senior membership (car rental, etc.).
d) Retain the last grade held prior to entering patron status.
e) Attend wing and region conferences and the annual National Board meeting and the National Congress on Aviation and Space Education sponsored by National Headquarters.
f) Attend special unit social events upon invitation by the commander concerned, such as anniversary celebrations, awards banquets, holiday parties, etc.
g) Use Civil Air Patrol ground transportation, but use of Civil Air Patrol air transportation is prohibited.
h) Transfer to active member status upon meeting active member qualifications. (See paragraph 3 below.)

2) Patron members may not:

a) Wear the CAP uniform.
b) Ride in or fly CAP aircraft. (This includes member-owned aircraft on CAP flight activity as defined in CAPR 60-1, CAP Flight Management.)
c) Participate in CAP activities in any capacity except to attend specified conferences and social events as outlined in paragraphs 3-1b(1)e and f above.
d) Be promoted while in patron status.

3) Transfers to patron member status will be submitted to National Headquarters on CAPF 2a. Section II, Duty Assignment/Status Change, will be used, i.e., transfer from "Active Status" to "Patron Status." The original copy will be forwarded directly to National Headquarters and the file copy placed in the members' personnel file. Members desiring to transfer back to active status will use the same procedure. NOTE: Patrons transferring to active status who have not previously completed the FBI screening procedures must include a FD Form 258 with the CAPF 2a.

As an example, I still remain on active status in CAP, though because of where I currently live and work (Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands) I largely am in a patron status, since there is no CAP unit here. You keep your awards, grade  and earn time in grade for your next promotion if otherwise qualified, but cannot be promoted while in Patron status. I found it much easier to keep paying my dues and remain on active status.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

The clock stops when you go patron, restarting when you come back.

Anything you earned, you keep, but TIG and TIS do not accrue during your hiatus, including towards retirement or 50-year status.

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Eclipse on November 13, 2009, 04:28:10 PM
The clock stops when you go patron, restarting when you come back.

Anything you earned, you keep, but TIG and TIS do not accrue during your hiatus, including towards retirement or 50-year status.

I stand corrected. Just too close to getting gold bottle caps on the shoulder marks and farts and darts on the bus driver cap...  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040