Main Menu

ECI 13 Replacement

Started by Angus, October 14, 2009, 08:50:54 PM

Angus

Does anyone know what the status of the new course to take the place ECI 13 is?

I did a seach and haven't found anything.  Ofcourse I may not have typed it the right way to find the right info. 

I'm only asking cause I've been having trouble with the ECI 13 and think that if the new one isn't far off I'll wait for that.  Plus at last I heard they were putting people on hold for the Correspondence Course any way since they were out of materials.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jimmydeanno

It's in beta testing.

Officer Basic Course: The CAP Officer Basic Course has now entered beta testing. A small number of CAP members have been selected from around the country to test the new Officer Basic Course to prepare it for a general release on or about Jan. 1, 2010. This testing will continue throughout the fall. The Officer Basic Course will replace ECI-13, CAP Senior Officer Course in 2010. Members who have enrolled in the ECI-13 course prior to the transition will be allowed to complete ECI-13. CAP/PD will set a date later this fall after which no enrollments in ECI-13 will be accepted. (Contacts: HQ CAP/PD, Bobbie Tourville - bjtourville @ capnhq.gov)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ozzy

The test is still available to order as far as I know (I ordered it last week!)
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Angus

ozzy - The test is available. The problem is in signing up for the class.  Some people are being put on hold.  And since you only get two bites at the apple per registration I'd have to re-register.

jimmydeano - How much longer will it be in beta testing?  Would I be best off just trying to apply for the class again or waiting?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Airrace

I was told to look for the ECI-13 on line class after the first of the year.

jimmydeanno

Quotejimmydeano - How much longer will it be in beta testing?  Would I be best off just trying to apply for the class again or waiting?

I can't say for certain, but the above reference notes....

Quote from: jimmydeanno...the new Officer Basic Course to prepare it for a general release on or about Jan. 1, 2010. This testing will continue throughout the fall.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Airrace

Officer Basic Course: The CAP Officer Basic Course has now entered beta testing. A small number of CAP members have been selected from around the country to test the new Officer Basic Course to prepare it for a general release on or about Jan. 1, 2010. This testing will continue throughout the fall. The Officer Basic Course will replace ECI-13, CAP Senior Officer Course in 2010. Members who have enrolled in the ECI-13 course prior to the transition will be allowed to complete ECI-13. CAP/PD will set a date later this fall after which no enrollments in ECI-13 will be accepted. (Contacts: HQ CAP/PD, Bobbie Tourville - bjtourville@capnhq.gov / Advisor: Col Bryan Cooper - ThorGodofThunder@verizon.net)

a2capt

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 14, 2009, 08:54:08 PM
It's in beta testing.

somehow.. thats just .. amusing.

"Did you pass?"
"No, must be a bug"

... file a bug report, "test too hard, make it easier"

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on October 19, 2009, 11:07:56 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 14, 2009, 08:54:08 PM
It's in beta testing.

somehow.. thats just .. amusing.

"Did you pass?"
"No, must be a bug"

... file a bug report, "test too hard, make it easier"

That's when they flag your file so that you can never enroll in the course again! >:D

EMT-83

Actually, "beta testing" can be a PITA. I was a student in programs under development by the state fire school on two occasions. It was probably twice as much work compared to what was required of students in the finished program.

We've all been in classes where we complained about the content or delivery. It was interesting to be involved in trying to improve the curriculum.

SarDragon

Try being on the development end. Everyone wants their ideas incorporated, and you can't make them all happy.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 20, 2009, 12:46:17 AM
Try being on the development end. Everyone wants their ideas incorporated, and you can't make them all happy.

Why not Dave? I thought you said you could do this job! >:D

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on October 20, 2009, 01:17:29 AM

You must have me confused with someone who wears long flowing robes.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 20, 2009, 01:29:30 AM
Quote from: PHall on October 20, 2009, 01:17:29 AM

You must have me confused with someone who wears long flowing robes.  8)

But you do have the beard! ;D