NEED HELP, entering Cadet protection into darn system

Started by AlaskanCFI, April 26, 2009, 06:05:24 AM

AlaskanCFI

Our training person has not showed up for some time and I , as the fearless leader,  have been trying to help get three new senior members going by doing the cadet Protect course with them.
They did the course OK but there is no way to prove it....

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to enter this into the system so it will show up as their having complted their level one requirements.  I spent two hours tonight on the darn E-Services trying to figure it out.

HELP!!!

Alex Clark
Commander PCR_AK_010 
dragonfly@alaska.net

Major, Squadron Commander Stan-Eval..Instructor Pilot- Alaska Wing CAP
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Retired State of Alaska Law Dawg, Retired Vol Firefighter and EMT
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor
Alaskan Tailwheel and Floatplane CFI
http://www.floatplanealaska.com

USADOD

Cadet Programs is my field, but I believe in order to certify credit for Cadet Protection you have to mail/e-mail the CAPF 11 this also applies to the orientation and sls
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: USADOD on April 26, 2009, 08:13:47 AM
Cadet Programs is my field, but I believe in order to certify credit for Cadet Protection you have to mail/e-mail the CAPF 11 this also applies to the orientation and sls

Correct.  You must snail mail / email the CAPF 11 to CAP HQ.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

When possible always use the e-mail option. Snail mail to NHQ is vary slow and the "new" fax machines seem to lose a lot of things.

AlaskanCFI

So I can give and verify their form 5s, 91s, their FEMA classes ect  all that on line. 
But to verify they watched some slides, our old VHS and took a self correcting quiz, then it needs to go via paperwork to HQ... 

OKY-DOKEY...
Major, Squadron Commander Stan-Eval..Instructor Pilot- Alaska Wing CAP
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Retired State of Alaska Law Dawg, Retired Vol Firefighter and EMT
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor
Alaskan Tailwheel and Floatplane CFI
http://www.floatplanealaska.com

es_g0d

Don't try to bring logic into this!  :D  Its a semi-governmental / semi-military "organization"!   ???
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

heliodoc

No arguments out me, sir

Quite archaic coming from a 60 yr organization, up with the times

There will be quotes, "this is volly organization!!""  Not at NHQ ...there is a least 12 disciples there paid to pay attention to new technology an or new ways

But CAP needs time to adjust to 21st Century operations.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D >:D >:D >:D

SarDragon

Quote from: AlaskanCFI on April 26, 2009, 08:43:38 PM
So I can give and verify their form 5s, 91s, their FEMA classes ect  all that on line. 
But to verify they watched some slides, our old VHS and took a self correcting quiz, then it needs to go via paperwork to HQ... 

OKY-DOKEY...

It has to do with the member signatures. That's what I was told when I called about it some time back. The Form 11 is required.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: SarDragon on April 27, 2009, 03:08:35 AM

OKY-DOKEY...

It has to do with the member signatures. That's what I was told when I called about it some time back. The Form 11 is required.
You could set up something in e-Services to have members verify they were there.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LtCol057

You can fill out the F11 and attach as a word doc in your email to NHQ.  If you go that route, it doesn't require a signature.  But to CYA, I'd still get signatures and keep on file.

Short Field

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on April 26, 2009, 10:50:09 AM
Correct.  You must snail mail / email the CAPF 11 to CAP HQ.

Or just fax it.  Haven't had a problem yet....
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

SarDragon

As noted above, the fax method leaves a bit to be desired these days, because of the renovation of NHQ, and the temporary relocation of the offices.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

EMT-83

Just follow the directions for the Form 11, as posted on the website, and you won't have any problem with electronic submissions. Signatures are not required.

RiverAux

Why are we sending any paperwork like this to NHQ when almost everything else is being put in the computer at Wing level or below?  Is this just something that they haven't gotten around to changing?  I don't see any need for national-level supervision of something like this. 

Eclipse

OKY-DOKEY...

Um...if you're still using the VHS, you're not doing the correct CPPT - things changed several years ago.  Toss the slides and the tape.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on April 27, 2009, 09:46:29 PM
Why are we sending any paperwork like this to NHQ when almost everything else is being put in the computer at Wing level or below?  Is this just something that they haven't gotten around to changing?  I don't see any need for national-level supervision of something like this.

I believe this is still one of the things they want to see a real signature on, as it potentially pushes liability for issues down to the member if CAP can prove they provided the training.  There are still several situations that require real signature, such as finance and property.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I believe this is still one of the things they want to see a real signature on, as it potentially pushes liability for issues down to the member if CAP can prove they provided the training
That doesn't wash.  There are whole bunch of critical things that could involve some serious liability issues that are being approved through eservices.   

EMT-83

Without a doubt, Form 11 submissions are the easiest task performed by a PDO. Fill in the blanks and email the form to NHQ. No hard copies or signatures required.

Put a paper or PDF copy into the members' file and move on.