CAPF-40 Draft: CAP Performance Feedback

Started by afgeo4, December 24, 2008, 06:13:27 PM

lordmonar

One would assume that they will ensure the mentors who are writing thse things know what they are doing.

I think this particular issue is jumping the gun, making a lot of assumptions, and taking things well beyond their logical conclusions.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Timbo

So I am wondering if one will have to be in the OE PRO DEV specialty track to be considered for Command positions in the future??

Where did this thing come from, I never even heard any rumors about it here at CAPTALK, nor "on the street"??

RiverAux

Its been discussed for many years.  Some of those in the commander positions felt that their "careers" were being hampered because they couldn't properly participate in any of the other professional development tracks because of the onerous duties of squadron command.  Thus, they came up with this as a way for commanders to move up the senior member training track. 

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: RiverAux on December 26, 2008, 04:44:29 AM
Its been discussed for many years.  Some of those in the commander positions felt that their "careers" were being hampered because they couldn't properly participate in any of the other professional development tracks because of the onerous duties of squadron command.  Thus, they came up with this as a way for commanders to move up the senior member training track. 

But that doesn't even make sense, since this proposed track directs members to complete certain levels in OTHER specialty tracks. Riddle me that?

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

lordmonar

The complaint was that commanders are sort of jacks of all trades....they are admin officers, CP, ES, Personel, safety, ML, and logistics just to name a few.

So...the request was to have a "commander's specialty track".  That evolved into the Organisational Excellance Officer Specilty.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Timbo

Am I missing the actual information on the new OE Spec. Track??  All I saw was the pamphlet that CAP stole from the DOT?!?  If they are going to steal anything, why wouldn't they take the AF documents on the subject, or one of the other military branches materials. 

I also read the DOT pamphlet that CAP "jazzed up", and I personally do not like it.   

RiverAux

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on December 26, 2008, 06:44:25 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on December 26, 2008, 04:44:29 AM

But that doesn't even make sense, since this proposed track directs members to complete certain levels in OTHER specialty tracks. Riddle me that?
I didn't say that this proposed specialty track would answer what seems to be the main complaint that prompted its development.  And, I don't agree with what they were complaining about either.  I don't see being a commander as a major impediment to PD since many just switch their PD to something useless like Administration and progress through that very easily. 

BuckeyeDEJ

Having a "commander's specialty track" like this makes no sense. If the complaint is that commanders don't get a chance to work on specialty tracks, why would this proposed track stipulate that several other specialty tracks (and progression in those tracks) are completed for each level?

I'm not sure this proposal isn't a solution in search of a problem.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.