North Central Region RSC

Started by Alaric, December 21, 2014, 05:00:46 AM

Alaric

Anyone here been to the NCR RSC in Salina, KS or are going this year?

Private Investigator

No, everyone is going to Pacific Region Staff College, March 28 to April 3. Here is the link:

http://hc.pcr.cap.gov/pcrsc/

Did I mention it is in Las Vegas! Now that is fun and it is a CAP activity. So a win-win. Even my wife approved of it.  8)

Alaric

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 21, 2014, 04:32:07 PM
No, everyone is going to Pacific Region Staff College, March 28 to April 3. Here is the link:

http://hc.pcr.cap.gov/pcrsc/

Did I mention it is in Las Vegas! Now that is fun and it is a CAP activity. So a win-win. Even my wife approved of it.  8)

I'd have to take a week off of work for that. I'm off between the 24th of December and the 5th of January so I'm going to NCR.  Was just wondering if anyone had ever been to Nickell Hall and could tell me about the facilities

Johnny Yuma

Former KSWG DC and went to RSC last year.

Nickell hall has very nice lodging facilities at rates well under what you'd pay for a comparable motel. KSWG CAP and the KSARNG have a great relationship and they'll set you up with a room comparable to your grade, space available. So if you're a LTC you'll get the same room they'd give to a .mil LTC. They will likely have space in the encampment staff open bay barracks as well if you want to go the cheap route. Since its collocated with the encampment you'll also have access to the dining hall for a small fee per meal. There's all kind of dining off base as well.

Regena Aye I believe is still the Course Director this year, she was last year. She's an ex-Wing Queen and currently NCR Vice CC. Classes should be over in KSWG HQ which shares space with the guard. should be a good time had by all.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Alaric

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 21, 2014, 08:17:44 PM
Former KSWG DC and went to RSC last year.

Nickell hall has very nice lodging facilities at rates well under what you'd pay for a comparable motel. KSWG CAP and the KSARNG have a great relationship and they'll set you up with a room comparable to your grade, space available. So if you're a LTC you'll get the same room they'd give to a .mil LTC. They will likely have space in the encampment staff open bay barracks as well if you want to go the cheap route. Since its collocated with the encampment you'll also have access to the dining hall for a small fee per meal. There's all kind of dining off base as well.

Regena Aye I believe is still the Course Director this year, she was last year. She's an ex-Wing Queen and currently NCR Vice CC. Classes should be over in KSWG HQ which shares space with the guard. should be a good time had by all.

Sounds like it should be good, I head out tomorrow morning on the drive to Salina

Eclipse

Quote from: Alaric on December 26, 2014, 04:30:23 PM
Sounds like it should be good, I head out tomorrow morning on the drive to Salina

At least you've got decent weather.  Kansas in Dec can be dicey.

(He said as he sits when it is warmer in Chicago then it is in Las Vegas...)

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on December 26, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

New Years Eve in KS for RSC? Who selected that schedule?  ::)

Alaric

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 27, 2014, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 26, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

New Years Eve in KS for RSC? Who selected that schedule?  ::)

First day was great (but long).  Hats off to KSWG they must have their stuff together to host the RSC, run a PD weekend and an encampment all the same place and time.

Eclipse

^ Sounds like a good way to maximize the use of staff and facilities.

"That Others May Zoom"

rmutchler

I went to NCR RSC when it was still at Offutt AFB during the summer, but I know our Interim Wing CC is down there as an instructor.

Alaric

Quote from: rmutchler on January 02, 2015, 03:06:54 AM
I went to NCR RSC when it was still at Offutt AFB during the summer, but I know our Interim Wing CC is down there as an instructor.

She's my seminar advisor, she's awesome!

Johnny Yuma

I was running around there on Tuesday, had a sitdown with the Wing DC and with the encampment Commandant over the reorganization of the marksmanship program. KSWG had going on this week the Region Staff College, basic cadet encampment, SLS, CLC, TLC and Honor guard school.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on December 29, 2014, 05:49:05 AM

+1

Of course somebody will get credit for directing, staffing, participating, etc. So three or four checkmarks on their PD Program record.  8)

Alaric

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 03, 2015, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 29, 2014, 05:49:05 AM

+1

Of course somebody will get credit for directing, staffing, participating, etc. So three or four checkmarks on their PD Program record.  8)

You're point?  Different people direct, staff, participate so of course they will get credit for it.  No one person would get three or four checkmarks on the same event though. 

Eclipse

∆ Actually it's fairly common.

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on January 04, 2015, 04:54:32 AM

Cite please, if you have a participation letter that says you directed, you are not going to get credit for staffing as well

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Alaric on January 04, 2015, 05:02:53 AM

Cite please, if you have a participation letter that says you directed, you are not going to get credit for staffing as well

No, but there's nothing saying you couldn't instruct a class or two in a SLS/CLC/ encampment while attending, or directing, an RSC. It would be simply a matter of scheduling and attendance.

" Skip a bit, brother."

Private Investigator

e.g. the PL said I directed SLS, another PL said I staffed CLC while another PL said I attended UCC as a student and got that cert too. Now I am way to cool for school. I got three done on one weekend.  8)

Eclipse

Ultimately, conference and PD credit is entirely subjective to the person approving the Form 24.  In recent years
there have been more then a few members who have received credit for being a student and instructor at a single SLS
or similar session.  NHQ has made it clear in my AOR that is verboten, but that may not be the case in other wings.

I knocked that off for sessions I had authority over, others didn't necessarily do that (expediency and avoidance of uncomfortable conversations as usual).

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on January 04, 2015, 07:21:16 PM

Ultimately, conference and PD credit is entirely subjective to the person approving the Form 24.  In recent years
there have been more then a few members who have received credit for being a student and instructor at a single SLS
or similar session.  NHQ has made it clear in my AOR that is verboten, but that may not be the case in other wings.

I knocked that off for sessions I had authority over, others didn't necessarily do that (expediency and avoidance of uncomfortable conversations as usual).

Exactly, no volunteer wants to be involved in a uncomfortable conversation. So, it is what it is.  8)