Revocation of Supplements

Started by Shotgun, September 12, 2012, 08:59:07 PM

Shotgun

Does anyone know the procedure for the revocation of a wing form, OI, or supplement?

So, for example, a wing has a supplement for the sole purpose of banning the transportation of live poultry in a corporate vehicle.
Two years later, the Wing King has reconsidered the issue and decides that the transporting chickens could come in handy during a crisis.

What needs to happen to get rid of the supplement?

CAPR 5-4 doesn't really cover this area (at least that I can see).
Can the Wing Admin Officer whose responsibility it is to manage, maintain and distribute such publications simply remove it from the official set of publications?

Does another document need to be created revoking the original?

SarDragon

Publish a formal revocation. That way, it's official, and everybody gets the word.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on September 12, 2012, 09:05:44 PM
Publish a formal revocation. That way, it's official, and everybody gets the word.

Yep.

The wing should have a page or area dedicated to approved supplements.   Make sure the old one
is taken down or amended, etc.  Some wings have a page which indicates specifically supplements
that have been rescinded.

If it's trivial, an "all" message and the removal of the doc should be enough.  If it's something
important, then perhaps the Group commanders should be contacted directly to insure
the word gets out.

Quote from: Man Of Action on September 12, 2012, 08:59:07 PMDoes another document need to be created revoking the original?

There's no guidance in the reg, but the practice I have seen is "yes", a memo signed by the Wing CC should initiate the rescinding of the supp.
You also need to notify higher HQ if it was something they had to approve and are publishing nationally (60-1 supps, as an example).

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I'd say that if it is just part of a supplement that is a problem then you do need to re-do the entire thing and re-publish.