ABU uniform for Civil Air Patrol

Started by U.S.A.F. C.A.P., December 26, 2011, 04:21:20 PM

NIN

Quote from: ol'fido on January 24, 2012, 11:48:53 PM
You, Sir, are a steely-eyed Auxiliaryman of the Old School. :clap:

In the words of a former commander "I'd appreciate it if you didn't let that get around... " ;)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Sapper168

Quote from: shoresfinest on January 25, 2012, 02:01:37 AM
Quote from: Basher on January 24, 2012, 06:13:44 PM
Too bad we couldn't wear the DCU.

you stupid bro?

What is up with the influx of just down right rude and disrepectful posters?  It seems to me that they are generally cadets (i may be totally off base, its late and sleep medication is kicking in) who should really know better.  I am not sure if it is indicative of how children are raised these days or just bored captalkers stirring up excitement with 'alter-ego' profiles.   Either Way Please, please, please knock it off and think twice before hitting that post button.   

And in the case that these are real people, here is some advice.  Read your own post as if someone lese had posted it towards you.  If it gets an emotional reaction perhaps you should wait to post it and rewrite it.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

The CyBorg is destroyed

If it's cadets, bored CAPTalkers or whatever, insults are not cool.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

abdsp51

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on January 25, 2012, 05:12:00 AM
Quote from: shoresfinest on January 25, 2012, 02:01:37 AM
Quote from: Basher on January 24, 2012, 06:13:44 PM
Too bad we couldn't wear the DCU.

you stupid bro?

What is up with the influx of just down right rude and disrepectful posters?  It seems to me that they are generally cadets (i may be totally off base, its late and sleep medication is kicking in) who should really know better.  I am not sure if it is indicative of how children are raised these days or just bored captalkers stirring up excitement with 'alter-ego' profiles.   Either Way Please, please, please knock it off and think twice before hitting that post button.   

And in the case that these are real people, here is some advice.  Read your own post as if someone lese had posted it towards you.  If it gets an emotional reaction perhaps you should wait to post it and rewrite it.

+1

Basher

Sergeant Pain

Sapper168

Quote from: Basher on January 26, 2012, 11:56:06 PM
Thanks for backing me up.

Its not a matter of backing you up, i personally dont think the DCU is relevent to what we do in any way.  Its just a matter of having and SHOWING respect for others is all.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Basher

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on January 27, 2012, 04:02:27 AM
Quote from: Basher on January 26, 2012, 11:56:06 PM
Thanks for backing me up.

Its not a matter of backing you up, i personally dont think the DCU is relevent to what we do in any way.  Its just a matter of having and SHOWING respect for others is all.
That is what I meant. People should be more respectful on this site. I have been disappointed with some of the things people say to me.
Sergeant Pain

SarDragon

I'm sure the feeling is mutual among other posters on this thread. You've also said some disrespectful things.

You asked a Q, and apparently didn't like the answers you got. Then you continued to push your POV on us, in spite of having been informed of the error of that position.

Suck it up, and move on. Tactfully discuss it with your CC. Discontinue wearing ABUs, until such time as they are truly authorized.

Remember - integrity is doing things right, even when no one's looking.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

abdsp51

Quote from: SarDragon on February 07, 2012, 07:55:39 AM
I'm sure the feeling is mutual among other posters on this thread. You've also said some disrespectful things.

You asked a Q, and apparently didn't like the answers you got. Then you continued to push your POV on us, in spite of having been informed of the error of that position.

Suck it up, and move on. Tactfully discuss it with your CC. Discontinue wearing ABUs, until such time as they are truly authorized.

Remember - integrity is doing things right, even when no one's looking.

+1 you receive what you give however that was out of line.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

My apologies the statement/question posed to the Basher was out of line, not the qouted material in my last post.

CAPsteve

As of now, the AF does not want CAP wearing the ABUs.  They are afraid CAP will "Look Air Force" and they do not want that.  Also the uniforms have a Tech side to them that the AF does not want to get into public hands and yes, you can find them and buy them from former AF members on Military Exchange ect.

lordmonar

Quote from: CAPsteve on February 10, 2012, 06:22:13 AM
As of now, the AF does not want CAP wearing the ABUs.  They are afraid CAP will "Look Air Force" and they do not want that.  Also the uniforms have a Tech side to them that the AF does not want to get into public hands and yes, you can find them and buy them from former AF members on Military Exchange ect.
Sorry....got to throw the BS flag on this.
If you know for sure the USAF is afraid of us looking too Air Force....I am going to ask for a name, date and place you got this information....and if your informant was not the Chief of Staff of the Air Force or the CMSGTAF.....It don't count.

Second....I again BS on the "technical" issue.  ANYONE.....ANYONE can buy ABU's direct from the vendor.  You can pick them up NEW from the surplus stores, you can order them fomr BQM and USCAV.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Hey, at least they didn't cite the "low light" excuse. ;)

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: a2capt on February 10, 2012, 07:32:34 AM

Which honestly surprises me.

I wonder who thought of such an asinine term.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Spaceman3750

Quote from: lordmonar on February 10, 2012, 06:42:17 AM
....I again BS on the "technical" issue.  ANYONE.....ANYONE can buy ABU's direct from the vendor.  You can pick them up NEW from the surplus stores, you can order them fomr BQM and USCAV.

Yup, I saw several pairs of new with tags ABUs at my local friendly surplus store last weekend - they weren't even knokoffs, had the "Made for the AF - DCSP" tag on them.

Major Carrales

Quote from: CyBorg on January 25, 2012, 06:13:29 AM
If it's cadets, bored CAPTalkers or whatever, insults are not cool.

Any sort of "culture" in any social setting is generated by those who activitly participate in that society.  Thus, if we hold ourselves to a high standard by calling out and highlighting faux pas, then we can change the offending actions to a better athmosphere.

This can be done by simply removing the credibility of people who do this and "sending the to coventry," the practice of ignoring them.  The prior corrects the behavior by showing that unsavory comments destroy meaning and validity while the latter removes the "thrill factor" of a troll (who post for reaction...discontinue the reaction and the behavior joins the methphorical tree in the forest that no one hears)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

lordmonar

Quote from: CyBorg on February 10, 2012, 07:38:52 AM
Quote from: a2capt on February 10, 2012, 07:32:34 AM

Which honestly surprises me.

I wonder who thought of such an asinine term.
It's in the AFI, so that would be the USAF!  :o :(
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on February 10, 2012, 03:12:53 PM
It's in the AFI, so that would be the USAF!  :o :(

I know it's in the AFI.  I keep a copy of the AFI in my notebook.

It's still a silly and meaningless term and if some general thought of it...well, to put the best construction on it, I hope s/he was a lot more creative and sensible in other areas of his/her AF career.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Patterson

At least JROTC is wearing them!  Nice to see a bunch of fat kids wearing ABU's outside of school, making fools of themselves at McDonald's.
It makes me think CAP is the Air Force's "oh ya them" organization or the forgotten project the crazy-eyed scientist left locked in his laboratory.

Is it any wonder why we are performing less AFAM's or loosing more Air Force Civilian employment positions at Liaison Region level than JROTC.

The Air Force knows the future is the JROTC program.  They will eventually move themselves as far as possible from CAP, until we collectively fold due to lack of support. 

It really is time to move CAP into the Parent Services uniform.  Enough beating around the bush and ask the Secretary for approval to begin transitioning.  It will begin costing members more money to stay in BDU's instead of transitioning to ABU's.

This is just another example of the Air Force (specifically CAP-USAF) doing nothing for the true volunteer Airman of this country!