Wearing you beret from NBB outside of NBB?

Started by Titan 25, November 18, 2010, 09:09:15 PM

arajca

Quote from: lordmonar on February 11, 2012, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: arajca on February 11, 2012, 03:26:21 PMThen we have the cadet officer from a wing the did allow berets to be worn wearing outside the wing (not merely next door, but halfway across the country) with their service uniform because "I didn't feel like packing my flght cap." When told that CAPM 39-1 specifically limits the beret to wear with the bdu
Read it again......39-1 does not say that.  The NB agenda where they authorised them for wear outside of NBB did say BDUs only and KB will tell you BDUs only....but 39-1 does not.
OK. I stand corrected.

arajca

Quote from: 68w10 on February 11, 2012, 05:47:50 PM
The individuals described above, demanding special treatment and wearing unearned blingage because of a summer camp they went to are few and far between.
As mentioned before - not in my experience. They make up about 50% of the NBB grads I've encountered. I keep hearing they are few and far between and that I've had the bad luck of runing into most of the bad apples. Therefore, until I run into significantly more good apples (if they're really out there), I have no real reason to change my opinion of NBB.

68w20

Quote from: flyboy1 on February 11, 2012, 01:03:19 PM

I have long been a proponent of one set of standardized badges and insignia to be worn by the graduates of NBB, Hawk Mountain and what ever else is out there. It levels the playing field and gives you the recognition you deserve. 

I've never heard that idea, how exactly would this work?

Quote from: flyboy1 on February 11, 2012, 01:03:19 PMHe even tore the lining out of his beret, saying that was the way it was done, when in my era of AF Security Forces, I would have been challenged for making a uniform item unservicable.

In his defense, that's what we were taught both times that I was at NBB (06/08).  There are many different ways to shape a beret, including removal of the liner in order to make it more form fitting. 

68w20

Quote from: arajca on February 11, 2012, 05:52:16 PM
The individuals described above, demanding special treatment and wearing unearned blingage because of a summer camp they went to are few and far between.
As mentioned before - not in my experience. They make up about 50% of the NBB grads I've encountered. I keep hearing they are few and far between and that I've had the bad luck of runing into most of the bad apples. Therefore, until I run into significantly more good apples (if they're really out there), I have no real reason to change my opinion of NBB.

That's unfortunate and I'm sorry that you've had the bad luck to run into them.  That being said I assure you that we are out here and I hope you run into us in the future.

abdsp51

In 12 years of being SF I can say that removal of the liner was highly encouraged if the beret you received had one.  It makes it easier to shape and presents a more cleaner professional appearance.  Our biggest thing and the biggest pet peeve for alot across the board was keeping the flash clean.  I also wore a beret when I was on JROTC during functions as well.  It was a great tool for us and motivator but we could only wear them (JROTC wise) for certain things and anything outside of that required ASI/AASI approval.

lordmonar

Quote from: arajca on February 11, 2012, 05:52:16 PM
I've send 1-2 cadets every year to NBB....and never had any problems with the attitude.
I have more attitude problems from cadets comming back from encampment staff then I do from HGA, NBB or PJOC....I don't worry about attitude problems from other peoples cadets....that someone else's problem.  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

cpyahoo

Rogovin...

I feel more than qualifed to speak on Blue Beret because I attended in 1986, '87, '88, '89 (The REAL Blue Beret) and then NBB 1999. 

Funny how a hat stirs up sooooooo much controversy. 

Rogovin

@LordMonar

you should be happy with them.  If Cruz and Smith were any indication, you have a great bunch of cadets.  I hope to see more this coming summer.

I think i am going to stop arguing on this topic now, my words seem to have little effect, other than stirring the hornets nest.

-Rogovin

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: cpyahoo on February 12, 2012, 01:18:32 AM
Funny how a hat stirs up sooooooo much controversy.

It's not the hat.  It's the attitude of some people who wear it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Rogovin

By "@Lordmonar" i mean to direct my statements at him.  It was not any twitter reference.  I do not even have a twitter account.  I am sorry if i confused you.

-Rogovin

SarDragon

Sometimes Eclipse confuses easily.   >:D

No harm. No foul.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: Rogovin on February 12, 2012, 04:12:39 AM
By "@Lordmonar" i mean to direct my statements at him.  It was not any twitter reference.  I do not even have a twitter account.  I am sorry if i confused you.

-Rogovin
I don't have Twitter and I knew what you meant.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NCRblues

So, because so many of my fellow CAP officers complain that they never see EAA put CAP in any publication or movie, at the end of EAA Airventure 2011 I put a bug into the ear of several of my contacts at EAA Airventure PAO and asked if they could slip a little CAP into it. So here you are folks, we made 2 seconds of a 2 min video. It's small, but it's a start!

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1094395473001

The cadets featured are performing part of our ES mission at Airventure. They are located at the south SAR tower logging all arrivals and departures, including tail numbers, descriptions of A/C and any "hard landings" or go arounds that might set off an ELT. When CAP is alerted to start looking for an overdue aircraft, we start with the lists at both north tower (runway 9/27) and south tower (runway 18/36) to see if the A/C have even landed at Oshkosh. These records are handed over to the FAA and EAA and are considered the official count of A/C for EAA Airventure. It is also used by the FAA to certify that Oshkosh is indeed the "busiest airport in the world" for those 2 weeks.

P.S. My 1000 post!!!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

How is CAP not simply a part of the fabric of the activity?

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on February 12, 2012, 09:50:03 PM
How is CAP not simply a part of the fabric of the activity?

I guess I am not sure what you are asking here.

Can you expand your question?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

shlebz

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 11, 2012, 05:43:31 PM
I think that the NBB 'tude could be eliminated by a conversation with the cadet before he runs off to Oshkosh to drink the Kool Aid.
we drink "purple drank" in WI not kool aid  :P
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

ol'fido

Quote from: shlebz on February 13, 2012, 12:18:15 AM
I think that the NBB 'tude could be eliminated by a conversation with the cadet before he runs off to Oshkosh to drink the Kool Aid.
Shelbz, do you realize what someone is referring to when they say that someone or some group "drank the Kool Aid"?
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

EMT-83

shlebz

Quote from: ol'fido on February 13, 2012, 12:21:39 AM
Quote from: shlebz on February 13, 2012, 12:18:15 AM
Shelbz, do you realize what someone is referring to when they say that someone or some group "drank the Kool Aid"?
yes i do realize what he was implying, but i was merely making making a joke. Trying to lighten the mood a little?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813