Main Menu

My Squadron's Website

Started by caphornbuckle, September 14, 2006, 04:53:12 AM

caphornbuckle

You're right, mlcurtis69 and I apologize also for what was said about the Wisconsin Website.  There is nothing wrong with it.  It's an argument that wasn't worth anything, just a little frustration going out.  The one thing I won't apologize about is the fact that we did not "steal" that pic!  My staff has assured me that they have the permission available and I believe them!  It was obtained June of 2005 by a female.  Other information is available to CA if he wishes to contact me.

Anyone who wishes to use pics or information off our site is more than welcome to if it is used for Civil Air Patrol or non-profit purposes.  I would like to have a courtesy letter sent to us just to let us know you're using it.  More updates are on the way too!

I've been banned from civilairportal.com.  I guess my input isn't welcome there, although I never made any comments on that site regarding this discussion.

If you would look at my original posting on here, I want us all to learn from each other on how our sites look and work.  This also gives us a chance to show off our sites to others.  That was my only purpose for the posting anyways.

But for informational purposes, the picture in question has been removed.  If you notice, it has been replaced on here with our squadron patch.

My apologies to all and I feel that we are all here to do one thing, make CAP a better organization for everyone.  Argument or not, things got out of hand.  I do take things too personally when it comes to my squadron (as any commander should).  And being called a liar makes it even worse!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Lancer

Quote from: caphornbuckle on October 01, 2006, 08:13:05 AM
You're right, mlcurtis69 and I apologize also for what was said about the Wisconsin Website.  There is nothing wrong with it.  It's an argument that wasn't worth anything, just a little frustration going out.  The one thing I won't apologize about is the fact that we did not "steal" that pic!  My staff has assured me that they have the permission available and I believe them!  It was obtained June of 2005 by a female.  Other information is available to CA if he wishes to contact me.

In hindsight, ideally, the conversation should have been taken offline the minute there was a question of impropriety.

Anyone who wishes to use pics or information off our site is more than welcome to if it is used for Civil Air Patrol or non-profit purposes.  I would like to have a courtesy letter sent to us just to let us know you're using it.  More updates are on the way too!

I've been banned from civilairportal.com.  I guess my input isn't welcome there, although I never made any comments on that site regarding this discussion.

A generous offer indeed, but also a standard point of order to request of the webmaster a desire to use elements from a website.

Of course I can't really comment on the fact that CA banned you from his site, but alas, it is his personal site.

If you would look at my original posting on here, I want us all to learn from each other on how our sites look and work.  This also gives us a chance to show off our sites to others.  That was my only purpose for the posting anyways.

Yes, your original intention was a valid one, pride in your website is a good feeling. But I'm sure you can see it from the other side of the coin if someone was 'showing off' something they were a part of and some element of it was something you created.

But for informational purposes, the picture in question has been removed.  If you notice, it has been replaced on here with our squadron patch.

My apologies to all and I feel that we are all here to do one thing, make CAP a better organization for everyone.  Argument or not, things got out of hand.  I do take things too personally when it comes to my squadron (as any commander should).  And being called a liar makes it even worse!

Your right, we should be making CAP a better organization for everyone. That's what makes forums like this such a valuable tool.

Aside from all of that. Regarding web design. As far as I'm concerned as an IT professional, NHQ should develop design standards for the websites expressing the missions of the organization. It would maintain a very professional image for CAP and relief each squadron/wing/region from having to come up with a design of their own, also allowing a speedy implementation of said site.

Any further discussion should be how we can improve our image on the internet. 'nuff said.

mawr

Caphornbuckle, I get a 'Forbidden' notice when attempt to view your page now.  Based on your post above, you seem to feel that your site is up and visable to all. 

Just a FYI.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

caphornbuckle

Quote from: mawr on October 01, 2006, 08:27:25 PM
Caphornbuckle, I get a 'Forbidden' notice when attempt to view your page now.  Based on your post above, you seem to feel that your site is up and visable to all. 

Just a FYI.

I'll look into it.  It shouldn't be forbidden for anyone.  Check back on the site later and it should be back up.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

capcadet101

That is a cool website how long did it take to finish it.         
                                                                                  :clap:
Cadet Ryan W. DiGiuseppi
Lake St. Louis Missouri 63367
ges,set, certified