Eservices and FLWG Encampment

Started by soar, January 08, 2020, 04:09:23 PM

soar

I just got back from FLWG winter encampment last week. The deadline for signing up for NCSAs is January 15. That's next week. I just tried signing up for an NCSA earlier today, but apparently I don't have the encampment requirement yet. How long does it usually take for encampment to be posted on eservices?

Eclipse

Encampment credit is required to be posted within 30 days of the completion of the activity.

"That Others May Zoom"

soar

Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2020, 04:13:45 PM
Encampment credit is required to be posted within 30 days of the completion of the activity.

I know that it takes 30 days, but how long does it usually take? I don't want to be marked late for an NCSA.

Eclipse

Read that carefully, it doesn't "take 30 days", it's required to be submitted no later then 30 days.
There is no "usual" - every wing has it's own schedule, and there any number of factors
that slow down the process.

BITD there were several years where I handed the State Director a Form 20 at graduation,
and other years were we missed the deadline due to other duties, missing information, etc, etc.

The new online version requires that the cadet surveys be tabulated, not to mention
vetting the curriculum before you can submit the initial round of credit. That takes time, and
it happens right after the people who have to do that work just got finished shutting off their
personal and business lives for at least a week, so CAP tends to be back seat for a while right after.

The issue of NCSA deadlines comes up every year. If you are concerned about it, the person to
contact is the Encampment CC or his Admin staff and ask when credit will be posted.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

21 days actually. And with all of the reporting being done in eServices, barring some unforeseen complication, there's no reason that a competent staff shouldn't be able to have everything ready and entered within 24-48 hrs of encampment completion.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

soar

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on January 08, 2020, 04:58:08 PM

21 days actually. And with all of the reporting being done in eServices, barring some unforeseen complication, there's no reason that a competent staff shouldn't be able to have everything ready and entered within 24-48 hrs of encampment completion.

CAPP 60-70, Page 7
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/P_6070_Encampment_Guide_2019_Reduce_778814ECFD05B.pdf
"Encampment commanders must submit a completed encampment report via eServices
within 30 days of encampment graduation"

There is zero reporting or management system in eservices related to encampments.
The final report is submitted there, but that's it.

Encampments themselves are managed 100% external to eservices, and that information has to be tabulated
and vetted prior to being submitted, and yes, a number of encampments are still managed ON PAPER.

You can't submit the final report until you have the curriculum completion numbers, and the evaluation
scores, which have to be tabulated from hand-written submissions, and experience has shown that
the math done by the person filling out the forms is problematic due both to a poorly written survey
and lack of attention by the person submitting it.

As I said, in the old days I could hand the SD a F20 at graduation and move on. That's not the case any more.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2020, 05:12:35 PM
Quote from: jeders on January 08, 2020, 04:58:08 PM

CAPP 60-70, Page 7
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/P_6070_Encampment_Guide_2019_Reduce_778814ECFD05B.pdf
"Encampment commanders must submit a completed encampment report via eServices
within 30 days of encampment graduation"

I will see your pamphlet and raise you a regulation

Quote from: CAPR 60-19.6.3. Encampment Operations Report. Within 21 days of the encampment's conclusion, the encampment commander must submit a completed Encampment Operations Report via the eServices "Encampment Entry" module and notify the liaison region that the report is available for their review.

Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2020, 05:12:35 PM
You can't submit the final report until you have the curriculum completion numbers, and the evaluation
scores, which have to be tabulated from hand-written submissions, and experience has shown that
the math done by the person filling out the forms is problematic due both to a poorly written survey
and lack of attention by the person submitting it.

As I said, a competent staff can have all of that taken care of in time to allow for the final report to be submitted and completion credited within 24-48 hrs.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

I'm not getting into a Pamphlet vs reg discussion. Let NHQ work it out. 

Quote from: jeders on January 08, 2020, 05:21:01 PM
As I said, a competent staff can have all of that taken care in time to allow for the final report to be submitted and completion credited within 24-48 hrs.

Really? Encampment ends on Saturday or Sunday, which is when the evaluations are supposed to be completed.
People have 6+ hours drives or flights to make, and then their lives to get back to.

Who is doing the math?

24-48 hour submissions are why the encampment report history has final activity scores
of "13" on a scale of -2 to 2.

There's a reason it's 30 days, 21 days, whatever the heck it is now.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Funny, when we had a competent staff in Texas we were able to get it done within 24 hrs.

SarDragon

OK, guys, let's terminate the "measuring contest".
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP9907

asked and answered...** FLWG uploaded the list on 1.9.20

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0