Main Menu

Processing Timeframes

Started by Adam B, March 21, 2019, 03:38:37 PM

Adam B

First and foremost, I did a forum search before posting. I was surprised to not find a recent (post 2010) answer, so I'm asking here.

We had two senior members that joined the same night. Both were prior military, if that matters. One of them appeared on our roster a week or two ago, but the second is still hasn't shown up.

How long does it typically take for National to process a new member, and how long should we wait before being concerned?
Adam

Eclipse

It's usually a week or so, but bear in mind the focus was on DC in that time frame so they might be backed up.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

How long has it been since you sent it in? You might want to contact NHQ to ask if there's a problem.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Adam B

Well, queue X-files theme music.

Literally an hour after I posted this, the second member suddenly appeared on the roster.

Was this a CAP conspiracy? Proof of extraterrestrial involvement?  Mildly amusing coincidence?
We may never know the truth.
Adam

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on March 21, 2019, 03:52:29 PM
It's usually a week or so, but bear in mind the focus was on DC in that time frame so they might be backed up.

No.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Adam B on March 21, 2019, 04:59:09 PM
Was this a CAP conspiracy? Proof of extraterrestrial involvement?  Mildly amusing coincidence?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: Adam B on March 21, 2019, 04:59:09 PM
Well, queue X-files theme music.

Literally an hour after I posted this, the second member suddenly appeared on the roster.

Was there a black van parked in front of your house? >:D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Shawn W.

The quickest one I've personnaly ever seen was 4 days. I shipped it priority from MN and 4 days later that person was a member. Depends on how busy they are at the time. YMMV.

PHall

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on March 22, 2019, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on March 22, 2019, 03:19:13 AM
Black Suburban.

You painted yours? >:D

I wish. It would cost more to paint it than it's worth. I am toying with the idea of replacing it, though. The price tag keeps scaring me off, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on March 22, 2019, 08:08:44 PM
Black Suburban.

I wish. It would cost more to paint it than it's worth. I am toying with the idea of replacing it, though. The price tag keeps scaring me off, though.

Isn't it olde enough that it needs a restoration? >:D

Maybe Garage Squad could help you! :o

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on March 22, 2019, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on March 22, 2019, 08:08:44 PM
Black Suburban.

Isn't it olde enough that it needs a restoration? >:D

Maybe Garage Squad could help you! :o

2001, with 140,000 on it; barely broken in. Runs great, no rust, just some clear coat issues.

That said, and having gone far afield, say buh-bye.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret