Main Menu

Returning SM

Started by Ranger75, March 18, 2019, 12:31:51 AM

Ranger75

After ending a second career and relocating from MD to AL, I find I have a renewed interest in again becoming active in CAP,  I allowed my membership to lapse back in 2012, when the demands of attending the National War College precluded active participation.  When last a member, I had achieved Level IV, master ratings in Plans and Programs, and Professional Development, and lesser achievements in several other specialty tracks.  In the ES realm, I had attained qualification as an IC3.  I understand what is required to reinstate my ES quals.  My question is can I expect that eServices will have retained any of my achievements (encampments and special activities), assignment history,ICS certifications, and awards?  Is it more likely that I'll have to reconstruct everything from paper records (CAPF 45, certificates, 2As)? 

Ozzy

Anything that was uploaded to eServices will still be there (Level 4, encampments/activities, etc.). To get your grade back, you'll have to submit the form 2 and it'll have to get approved based upon the current criteria for the grade. For ES equals, you'll just have to do a requal, which is more than a renewal but less then doing the initial qual.

Anything that was kept on paper, such as ribbons (SAR ribbons, Finds, etc.) Would need to be gotten from your old records... contact your old squadron to see if they have it. Else you might be SOL unless you have some way to substantiate it like mission numbers and other notes you may have.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

+1 the above, with the caveat that record retention is 5 years, and that unit probably
had 2 SUIs since you left, so if your records still exist the inspectors were asleep.

Eservices has a delta of the mid-2000s, so anything entered there should still be there.

As mention grade reinstatement requires completion of current requirements which have
increased since you left, Level IV gets you Maj now, so that would be the highest you could come
back as assuming you receive reinstatement.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ranger75

Thanks for the replies.  Based on what was said, I expect I might well find much of my record intact.  I was also studious in maintaining my own personnel file.  While that record is in storage awaiting our purchase of a new home, I'm confident it is fairly complete going back to my cadet days in the early 70s.  Grade is not a concern.  I had held the grade of LTC confereed as a result of achieving COL on active duty and being subject to a commander's probationary period. 

Ozzy

Quote from: Ranger75 on March 18, 2019, 02:27:45 AM
Thanks for the replies.  Based on what was said, I expect I might well find much of my record intact.  I was also studious in maintaining my own personnel file.  While that record is in storage awaiting our purchase of a new home, I'm confident it is fairly complete going back to my cadet days in the early 70s.  Grade is not a concern.  I had held the grade of LTC confereed as a result of achieving COL on active duty and being subject to a commander's probationary period.

That's good to hear! I was out of CAP from 2011 to 2016, so when I returned I was pleasantly surprised how much of my records were still online.

Anyways, Welcome back Sir!
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

You're probably in the best shape of a returning member I've seen in a long time.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Welcome back!  PM (private message) sent.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

GroundHawg

Quote from: Eclipse on March 18, 2019, 03:03:22 AM
You're probably in the best shape of a returning member I've seen in a long time.

Probably Ever!

Welcome back into the fold Sir!

Ranger75

I took a chance and placed a call to National asking if it was possible to forward a screen shot of eServices based upon my previous SN before I submit for membership.  I was pleasantly surprised by their willingness to do so.  What they sent did capture my 70's Spaatz, SLS, CLC, and Level IV completion.  There was also an incomplete assignment history accurate for the most recent five-year period.  My specialty track record was also incomplete.  It listed several technician ratings, but made no mention of master ratings in Professional Development and Plans and Programs.  There was no mention of past awards/service ribbons, expired ES ratings, or encampments.  My guess is that some of what is missing would be found with a little scrolling within the data blocks or opening a different module within eServices.  The bottom line -- with what was retained within eServices and what I kept for my own purposes a complete  and accurate record should be an easy chore.  --  Regards