A Canadian would like to join CAP... can he?

Started by Nomex Maximus, March 27, 2008, 08:55:21 PM

Nomex Maximus

A resident alien (Canadian) person is asking me if he can join CAP... I can't seem to find the regulation that would tell me if citizenship is required. Can anyone tell me?

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

lordmonar

Yes he can.

On the memebership form there is a place for citezenship and his green card number. 

My wife is a resident alien from Japan and she joined no problem.....I did not have to do any extra paper work.

People on studen visas and other types of visas may require other hoops to jump through.  Call national for exact procedures.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LtCol Hooligan

I am doing this for 2 people who want to join my squadron (from a different country).  If they are not perminant residence and are just here on Visas, you need WIng CC and Region CC permission to join.  I am forwarding copies of their Visa and Passport up the chain.  From there, once I have approval I was planning on sending in approvals from the CCs above and the forms.  Also finger print cards.  It is not a quick process.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

davedove

Quote from: lordmonar on March 27, 2008, 09:01:49 PM
Yes he can.

On the memebership form there is a place for citezenship and his green card number. 

Exactly, as long as they are a legal resident alien, there should be no problems at all.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003