Achievement Eddie rickenbacker test.

Started by Techie, August 19, 2015, 07:22:19 AM

Techie

I'm proud to say that im a tech sergeant now but something just bother me about the drill test. Now I read about how achievement 5 drill test, that I were supposed to be judged on my drill voice and how I command a flight but instead I was in a flight and doing column, dress right dress, etc. I'm usually a shy person unless I have something important to say or something bother me (usually if it does i'm a fireball  ;) ) but I'm not sure if im right or not and I don't want to disrespect my sergeant. I just want to know if I got the right drill test or not?

Brad

Address it with your Cadet chain of command, this sounds like an improper test if you were IN the flight element instead of COMMANDING the flight element. I'm surprised the adult member that is supposed to be observing the test (if a Cadet was evaluating you) didn't step in and say it was the wrong test, but then again he/she may not have known either.

Per CAPT 78-2, the Achievement 5 4 drill test reads precisely as this for the conditions, bolding me:
QuoteConditions: Conduct this test on an individual basis – test one cadet at a time. Provide the cadet with a list of the commands shown below, and allow the cadet to refer to them during the course of the test. Instruct the cadet to lead the flight element in drill, completing all commands in sequence. The flight element should consist of at least 2 elements cadets.

Edit: the test for tech sergeant is Achievement 4, not 5, but it is still a "command the formation" test.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

kwe1009

I have seen many squadrons confuse the drill test for Achievement 4 with the Wright Brothers test.  The drill test for Wright Brothers is included in the paper exam.  Achievement 4 is for TSgt and that is the test you should have been administered. 

Brad's comment is 100% correct.  Was there a Senior Member administering or observing the test?  If not then they are not following the regulation on testing.