Off to Hawaii Wing Encampment!

Started by Pylon, July 13, 2007, 01:21:30 AM

Pylon

Tomorrow morning at the fresh and early hour of 0830, I depart lovely (though inevitably overcast) Syracuse, New York for much warmer climates.   I'm headed to Hawaii to help with the Hawaii Wing Encampment this year, and may have limited to no internet access from 13 - 25 July.

In my absence, I expect you won't be giving Jerry, Mike, and the rest of the mod team any heartache.  Save those "U.S CAP Ranger-rolled Boonie beret on a shoulder cord" threads for when I get back.  ;)   

I'll be sure to think of you all as I catch some rays on the beach.   8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

captrncap

What happend Scotia to cold for you?  ;D

Pumbaa

Does anyone have a blue U.S CAP Ranger-rolled Boonie beret on a shoulder cord?
>:D

And what do you mean warmer weather?  I live 1 hour south of you off 81 and it was 95+ degrees a few days ago!

ZigZag911

While you're there (I know, it's a cushy job but somebody has to do it!) could you find out if surfboards habe EPRBs??

Pylon

I'm back.  Landed last night around 2000 local. 

Hawaii Wing Encampment was a real treat and I certainly enjoyed myself to the fullest.  Their wing has some great and dedicated people in it and a ton of awesome cadets.  It was a pleasure to be able to contribute to the success of this year's cadets and cadet staff.

Photos of the non-incriminatory type may follow when I get a chance to download them all. :angel: ;D

Thanks for not beating up the rest of the admin/mods too much.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Pylon on July 26, 2007, 07:46:02 PM
I'm back.  Landed last night around 2000 local. 

Hawaii Wing Encampment was a real treat and I certainly enjoyed myself to the fullest.  Their wing has some great and dedicated people in it and a ton of awesome cadets.  It was a pleasure to be able to contribute to the success of this year's cadets and cadet staff.

Photos of the non-incriminatory type may follow when I get a chance to download them all. :angel: ;D

Thanks for not beating up the rest of the admin/mods too much.   :P

Didja get a chance to sample the local cuisine... plate lunch, saimin, spam musubi?  Onolicious! ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eeyore

MMmm nothing is better than some good local kine. I can't wait until I get to a state where I can get some. Oklahoma doesn't have any real Hawaiian food anywhere  :-\

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: edmo1 on July 28, 2007, 12:47:33 AM
MMmm nothing is better than some good local kine. I can't wait until I get to a state where I can get some. Oklahoma doesn't have any real Hawaiian food anywhere  :-\

Nearest place you gotta enjoy some local kine is the unofficial 9th Island of Hawaii - Las Vegas - they have a sizeable Hawaiian/Pacific Islander community.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

arajca

Quote from: Pylon on July 26, 2007, 07:46:02 PM
What about potos of the incriminatory type? >:D

shorning

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 29, 2007, 06:06:49 AM
Quote from: edmo1 on July 28, 2007, 12:47:33 AM

Nearest place you gotta enjoy some local kine is the unofficial 9th Island of Hawaii - Las Vegas - they have a sizeable Hawaiian/Pacific Islander community.

I just enjoyed some ono grindz over the past few days!  Don't hate me...

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: shorning on July 29, 2007, 07:05:39 PMI just enjoyed some ono grindz over the past few days!  Don't hate me...

No fair, brah! You got the kama'aina advantage!  ;D

Made a fair attempt at making some spam musubi on Sunday. Turned out better than I thought... onolicious!
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040