Main Menu

CAP Talk Question

Started by CAPed Crusader, July 02, 2018, 02:51:19 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,

How do you upload your Cadet achievements on CAP Talk at the end of my posts? [ribbons, awards, etc.]

V/R
Cadet Airman
Francis M DeRosa

TheSkyHornet

Use a virtual rackbuilder from an online site, save the image, and attach the image to your signature.

audiododd

I tried to get mine put together, and am not sure if it worked.  This looks like the perfect post to try it out. <Crossing my fingers>
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

TheSkyHornet

^ Looks fine, with the exception of the white border around the insignia (square block)

audiododd

Yeah...I noticed that. I don't know why - it must not have flattened the layers properly. I didn't notice it on the original. I'll have to open it up and look closer.
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

TheSkyHornet

The layer is fine. It probably appeared to have a transparent background for the image but actually had a white border built in. An easy Photoshop fix to just erase the border.

Maybe one of these fine folks could help you on it, or I can give it a go when I get home later on.

Simplex

Looks good and thank you for your service with the US Air Force!  Also, welcome to CAP.

audiododd

There...that looks better.  You were right about the white border.  I just went in and used the eraser tool around the stripes and it seemed to work.
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

TheSkyHornet

Briank

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on July 02, 2018, 03:58:43 PM
Use a virtual rackbuilder from an online site, save the image, and attach the image to your signature.

I did the rackbuilder image, but am failing at attaching the image to my signature.  When I try to do it, it wants me to host it on a web server somewhere (which I don't currently have).

jeders

Quote from: Briank on July 08, 2018, 12:15:59 PM

I did the rackbuilder image, but am failing at attaching the image to my signature.  When I try to do it, it wants me to host it on a web server somewhere (which I don't currently have).

Images have to be hosted elsewhere; CAPTalk does not provide image hosting/upload.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

OldGuy

Quote from: Briank on July 08, 2018, 12:15:59 PM

The image can go on your profile and then link same to your signature.

Ed DeSocio

Get a free account on Imgur.com, upload the rack image, copy the BBcode link and paste into your profile signature.  I scaled mine down quite a bit before uploading so that it would take up the least amount of space.  Takes some trial and error...

Ed DeSocio
Spaatz #594