Proposed revision to GT training program

Started by ArkAux, January 21, 2008, 02:54:32 PM

ArkAux

Attached is a proposed revision to the ground team training program that I came up with back in 2003 prior to the last revision of 60-3.  As you will see, I have divided up the tasks into functional modules that are grouped into Training Blocks and assigned them to either the Basic or Advanced levels of UDF, GTM, or GTL. 

The main advantage of this program is that the member receives training in similar tasks all at once instead of having them broken up among 3 or 4 different qualifications.  For example, the Basic Navigation block gives the trainee all the skills to read a map at one time and then in Advanced Navigation he learns how to use them in the field.  Right now those tasks are divided between 4 different qualifications.  I believe this is a much more efficient way of teaching these skills, both for the teacher and the student.

This block system also makes it easier to transition from a UDF Team member to a GTM member or from a GTM to a UDF. 

sarmed1

QuoteRight now those tasks are divided between 4 different qualifications.
That should actually be an easy fix with the online SQTR, some if the skills already do that....
my keep a log skill is located in both GBD and AOBD (even though I never put in for a trainee status for AOBD)

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

RiverAux

Yes, if you complete a task it shows up in all the SQTRs where it is found, but what I think he was saying was that it isn't very efficient to teach them all at once now since there isn't any payoff for the student for some time.  They want to get the qualification in front of them done and don't need to waste time on learning something for a qualification they may not get for a long while.