Senior Member Application Processing Times?

Started by WhaleDriver, January 26, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

WhaleDriver

How long does it take NHQ to process Senior Member applications?

MacGruff

My experiences over the past four years is that if all the paperwork is in order, we see a CAPID come through about 10 days after we mail the application packet to NHQ.  Sometimes a few days shorter, sometimes a few days longer. I always tell new recruits to expect two weeks.

Having said that, if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

WhaleDriver

PHall

WhaleDriver

I've got a tight slot to fit Level 1 in between recurrent training and the birth of a kid.

PHall

Quote from: WhaleDriver on January 27, 2018, 03:12:29 AM
I've got a tight slot to fit Level 1 in between recurrent training and the birth of a kid.

Rule #1: Don't let CAP interfere with "real life". Level 1 will still be there when your life calms down a bit.

Fester

Quote from: MacGruff on January 27, 2018, 12:12:02 AM
My experiences over the past four years is that if all the paperwork is in order, we see a CAPID come through about 10 days after we mail the application packet to NHQ.  Sometimes a few days shorter, sometimes a few days longer. I always tell new recruits to expect two weeks.

Having said that, if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

+/- 10 days to get a CAPID.  How long for eServices activation?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

SarDragon

Quote from: Fester on January 31, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

They are pretty much done at the same time. You'll show up in eServices before you get a membership card. Your CC, or some other staff officer can tell you your CAPID, and you're ready to rock and roll.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

kcebnaes

..., if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

In my experience of messing up a couple applications, they will send both the CC and the member an email with a deadline to respond. As long as you're prompt in the response, it'll be processed that day or the next.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

MacGruff

Quote from: Fester on January 31, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

Happens pretty much at the same time. As soon as a CAPID is available in eServices, you can have at it.

J2H

Can we use LiveScan for fingerprints?  It looks like MD now does LiveScan instead of ink.
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Fester

I rejoined earlier this month.  I sent my application packet via FedEx (because I'm weird and wanted eServices access as quick as I could get it and because I wasn't comfortable sending my fingerprints via regular mail.)  The packet was received by NHQ at 11:30am on a Thursday.  By 4:00pm Friday, I was in eServices. It took about 13 days for the fingerprint check to go from "P" to "A."
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

WhaleDriver

My experience was similar. How long did it take your promotion to show up in eservices after it was initiated?

NIN

Quote from: J2H on February 02, 2018, 05:22:01 AM
Can we use LiveScan for fingerprints?  It looks like MD now does LiveScan instead of ink.

You can do LiveScan if the dept can then print the livescan on to the CAP-supplied FD256 Fingerprint Card.

We eschewed the whole thing altogether and one of our guys donated a fingerprint kit to the sq.

Done and done.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MDMike2017

Quote from: J2H on February 02, 2018, 05:22:01 AM

Yes, as long as they can print on the Fingerprint Card.

J2H

I ended up getting ink prints done. Still haven't turned my application in due to waiting for a paycheck.

J2H

Mailed app in Friday, arrived at Maxwell Monday... just picked up Yesterday from base post office

swodog

J2H

Mine total from app send-in to approved was about 2.5 weeks

J2H

How long does it usually take to process a promotion in EServices?