Main Menu

Favorite Cadet Quotes

Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2013, 01:24:43 AM

SilentPhantom

A few months ago my flight was preparing for an inspection in a classroom. The Flight Commander from our Basic Traning Flight walks into the room and says, "Hey, have any of guys seen a bunch a' basics walking around?" We all answered in the negative. He looks us up and down and says, "You guys don't look like you know what you're doing." He then exits the room. A C/A1C says as soon as the Flt/CC's out of earshot, "Says the flight commander who lost his flight. That got a good bout of laughs from the flight.
C/2dLt

Cadetter

A cadet at an activity when we were crossing water. Always the gentleman, when asked who should go first across a poorly constructed bridge we created, he said, "Ladies first!" ;)

(This is a cadet who calls all female sergeants and officers "sir")
Wright Brothers Award, 2013
Billy Mitchell Award, 2016
Earhart Award, 2018

SilentPhantom

Quote from: Cadetter on June 05, 2014, 05:06:37 PM
A cadet at an activity when we were crossing water. Always the gentleman, when asked who should go first across a poorly constructed bridge we created, he said, "Ladies first!" ;)

(This is a cadet who calls all female sergeants and officers "sir")

I know a few cadets like that lol  ;D
C/2dLt

Cadetter

He's third-best comedian in the squadron :-)
Earhart Award, 2018

SilentPhantom

Quote from: Cadetter on June 05, 2014, 05:57:12 PM
He's third-best comedian in the squadron :-)

I'll have to visit your squadron sometime lol
Most of cadets in my squadron are comedians, along with ALL of the cadet staff (myself included) and most of the senior staff...  ;D
C/2dLt

Cadetter

Unfortunately our C/CC is not a comedian, and isn't amused at our pranksters and comedians. One of our pranksters grabbed everybody's blues cover and one rank once... that was an interesting inspection, to say the least!
Earhart Award, 2018

SilentPhantom

Quote from: Cadetter on June 05, 2014, 06:57:08 PM
Unfortunately our C/CC is not a comedian, and isn't amused at our pranksters and comedians. One of our pranksters grabbed everybody's blues cover and one rank once... that was an interesting inspection, to say the least!

ohh, that's no fun.. Luckily my C/CC is one of the most experienced comedians in the squadron  ;) There was a propsed prank that the airmen would all get Colonel insignia and walk around, pity it never happend...
C/2dLt

Cadetter

Haha, my squadron doesn't even have Spaatz insignia!

Our two best comedians are twins, they're going away soon, so we'll be desolate. Unfortunately, our C/CC sees their funning as insubordination sometimes, so... they make a joke of it!
Earhart Award, 2018

PA Guy

Quote from: Cadetter on June 05, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

Our two best comedians are twins, they're going away soon, so we'll be desolate. Unfortunately, our C/CC sees their funning as insubordination sometimes, so... they make a joke of it!

Based on what you have posted in this thread you have made your sqdn sound like a clown colony. Yet in another thread you are asking for advice on how to motivate cadets to promote. Do you think there could be a connection???

Cadetter

Quote from: PA Guy on June 05, 2014, 07:51:03 PM
Quote from: Cadetter on June 05, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

Based on what you have posted in this thread you have made your sqdn sound like a clown colony. Yet in another thread you are asking for advice on how to motivate cadets to promote. Do you think there could be a connection???

Our squadron can get like a clown colony, on off time. We are professional when necessary. There could be a connection, yes. What specifically though. (please answer in the other thread however... this has only a little to do with favorite cadet quotes)
Earhart Award, 2018

Airplane girl

Conversation between a C/AB and a senior member. It is right before the PT test and the cadets are filling out the top of the paper where they put how they did on the PT test. The confused C/AB wrote 7 where it said grade.

SM: 7?
C/AB: Yeah, I'm in 7th grade.
SM: 7th grade?
C/AB: Yeah...
SM: You're a C/AB, that's your grade in CAP.
C/AB: Oh, that grade.

BHartman007

Quote from: Airplane girl on September 25, 2014, 01:46:43 PM
...the cadets are filling out the top of the paper where they put how they did on the PT test...

Huh?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

PHall

Quote from: BHartman007 on September 25, 2014, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: Airplane girl on September 25, 2014, 01:46:43 PM
...the cadets are filling out the top of the paper where they put how they did on the PT test...

Huh?

Her unit seems to have a local form to record CPFT results.  No mystery there.

Майор Хаткевич

We used to use them before the PT report in Eservices. There were 5 versions for phases and Spaatz. It's still probably on the national site.

lcaron24

A cadet that is still in the sq. was being asked the phonetic alphabet the first meeting I went to. So here is the dialog

Comms Officer: A?
Cadet: Alpha
Comms: Z?
Cadet: Zulu
Comms: O?
Cadet: Oboe  :clap:

He said that with a straight face and our XO of cadets just loses it. A few meetings go by and it's not brought up. I walk into the building and I hear the cadet just blurt out oboe while talking to the XO of cadets. Straight faced.

brent.teal

During a  nav weekend one of the cadets was stung by several bees and  once in the rear and exclaims I've been analy probed by a bee!  I about died.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

brent.teal

Just yesterday our commander asked our newer cadets what was the significance of 12/1.  After a long silence one of our cadets said in all seriousness.  The first day of December.  talk about a bearing breaker.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

raivo

Quote from: lcaron24 on October 19, 2014, 10:30:32 PM
A cadet that is still in the sq. was being asked the phonetic alphabet the first meeting I went to. So here is the dialog

Comms Officer: A?
Cadet: Alpha
Comms: Z?
Cadet: Zulu
Comms: O?
Cadet: Oboe  :clap:

He said that with a straight face and our XO of cadets just loses it. A few meetings go by and it's not brought up. I walk into the building and I hear the cadet just blurt out oboe while talking to the XO of cadets. Straight faced.

Back at OTS, one of my classmates was being grilled on the phonetic alphabet and mistakenly said "UNICORN" instead of "UNIFORM" for "U."

"THERE ARE NO MYTHICAL CREATURES IN THE PHONETIC ALPHABET, OT!"

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Spaceman3750

At NESA this year, a cadet GSAR student asked me "Sir, how is it that all you staff members always look so rested?"

Clearly, we were doing a good job of fooling them.

Afbrat52

C/CMSgt: Do I look like a sir?!
Basic Cadet: No ma'am!

The whole flight burst out laughing. The next morning was lots more pushups than usual. Who knows why...