Water Survival Training

Started by C/Cool, August 05, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

C/Cool

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anybody knew of any wings that offered regular training for this qualification. I am interested in this subject and am looking for somewhere to do this. I haven't heard anything about training out of VAWG for this and just wanted to know if y'all know anything.
Thanks.
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

SARDOC

The Water Survival Training is typically for Aircrews who anticipate flying over water outside the glide range from land.

As a Cadet, if you are under 18 you may not be eligible because you can't be mission aircrew.  I would always allow anyone to train provided we have the space priority going to Mission Aircrew qualified and trainees first.

You probably haven't heard about it in the Virginia Wing, because we haven't held one in quite some time.  Ask your Squadron Commander or Emergency Services Officer.   I know that there is motion in the Virginia Wing to try to get this set up soon.  They are having issues getting a Pool that is willing to let them host this.  There are a few venues in the works.

THRAWN

Could always head out to CAMI at the Monroney Center at OKC....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SARDOC

Quote from: THRAWN on August 10, 2014, 07:14:31 PM

I'm trying to hit up a Naval Aviation Survival Center locally..they do work with all the local public safety agencies and Medflights

SARDOC

For most anybody wanting to do water survival training, I usually prompt them to just take good old fashioned swimming lessons from the American Red Cross or YMCA.

THRAWN

Quote from: SARDOC on August 10, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on August 10, 2014, 07:14:31 PM

I'm trying to hit up a Naval Aviation Survival Center locally..they do work with all the local public safety agencies and Medflights

Yeah, but you'll miss the excitement and glamour of Oklahoma City. Wait....no...you're on the right track....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

AlphaSigOU

Way back when I was a cadink when dinosaurs roamed the earth... I went through the Air Force's water survival course when it was at Homestead AFB. Fast forward 35 years and it's interesting to know that my current boss was stationed at the water survival school around the time I went through!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040