What do I have to do to get Commander approval for Familiarization and Prepatory

Started by madmace125, May 27, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

Luis R. Ramos

Mela, even if your commander does approve your ES prerequisites, until your Level I shows online, or in the case of cadets, Curry, your GES will not show up online. I hope by now that your Level I does show up.This is automatic. If your safety currency lapses, automatically your GES and any ICS class will become invalid until you renew the safety currency.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

MacGruff

Yeah, I forgot to mention how important the safety is for the system.  In my case, I've already taken some of the prep classes from an evaluator. Once I got the commander's approval task taken care of, I went and put in the classes I had taken and the evaluator's ID. I immediately got an error message from the system that the evaluator ID was not correct. It took a bit of investigating by myself and the Admin officer for the squadron. What we ultimately determined was that the evaluator's safety had lapsed and therefore he cannot be used as an evaluator!

Mela_007

Thanks that's good to keep in mind. I know my safety is current but that doesn't mean my evaluator is. I'll watch for that. As of yesterday evening my level one is still not cleared. Doesn't NHQ have to get my CAPF11 processed for it to clear? 
"Worry is the Darkroom in which negatives develop."  -Unknown

Luis R. Ramos

Yes they have to. As I understand, for Level I the CAPF 11 should go directly to NHQ. For others it may be Group,or Wing, or Region. Depending on how  long it has been, your Personnel Officer or CC should initiate a Tracer Action.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

MacGruff

Quote from: Mela_007 on August 05, 2013, 10:24:22 AM
... As of yesterday evening my level one is still not cleared. Doesn't NHQ have to get my CAPF11 processed for it to clear?

If I recall correctly, it took a couple (maybe even three) weeks for my level 1 to show up on e-services.

EMT-83

Mela_007

I was told recently that NHQ has gone through some downsizing recently and so they are playing catch-up right now.  We filled out the CAPF11 last week and the commander submitted it (not sure what day).  However, since I still have not received my official CAP membership card, I am guessing the delays at NHQ are going to hold up lots of things until they get the swing of handling the load with less folks.  I finally got my Member's Kit in the mail last week, but the card still hasn't arrived.  I turned my application in 26 June, and my membership says 18 July, so I'll give it a bit yet before I start trying to track it down.

MacGruff

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 05, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
It should take no more than 48 hours if submitted properly.

EMT - you're assuming that the approvers check e-services or their email on a regular basis...  I know in my case, the local approver checks his email only once a week...    8)

MacGruff

Quote from: Mela_007 on August 05, 2013, 07:40:43 PM
I was told recently that NHQ has gone through some downsizing recently and so they are playing catch-up right now.  We filled out the CAPF11 last week and the commander submitted it (not sure what day).  However, since I still have not received my official CAP membership card, I am guessing the delays at NHQ are going to hold up lots of things until they get the swing of handling the load with less folks.  I finally got my Member's Kit in the mail last week, but the card still hasn't arrived.  I turned my application in 26 June, and my membership says 18 July, so I'll give it a bit yet before I start trying to track it down.

Congrats on getting the member kit! I joined in early April, got notified - by the squadron - that my CAPID was active in early May; received the "kit" (binder and three pages) in July; and am still waiting for my official card in August!!!  In other words, you're doing good!

By the way, none of this should be construed as a complaint on my part. I have become an active member of the squadron and have been already appointed to two positions; completed my level 1; and am on my way to getting both my Technician rating and an operational qualification...

I also spoke to National HQ about my FBI approval and they are tracking down the situation - it is apparently stuck with the FBI which is causing me all kinds of mirth as I have other FBI approvals already...    ;D

jeders

Quote from: MacGruff on August 05, 2013, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on August 05, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
It should take no more than 48 hours if submitted properly.

EMT - you're assuming that the approvers check e-services or their email on a regular basis...  I know in my case, the local approver checks his email only once a week...    8)

No need. Whoever processed it at the squadron level should have scanned it and emailed it to NHQ. 48-72 hr turn around, tops.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Mela_007

I know what you mean MacGruff, I'm getting active right away as well.  I have already received my CAP Driver's License (shows on my 101) and I'm just waiting on official GES clearance to begin the fam/Prep stuff.  However, I already have the task guide and I've been looking at the first several items listed, learning, gathering items (GTM3, UDF stuff), etc.  The Commander and I have been talking about positions as well and I'll likely decide on those at tomorrow's meeting.

So, even though we don't have our ID cards yet we're forging ahead and getting active.  Way to go MacGruff!  :clap: