waiting game

Started by cadetesman, August 16, 2011, 03:39:32 PM

cadetesman

So my UDF has been approved by squadron and group, just waiting on wing, fingers crossed. Any advice into how long this might take for wing to evaluate my UDF?

jeders

Anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 weeks+. It depends on what wing your in, and how often the wing CC goes into eServices for these things. The former TXWG CC would only go into eServices for approvals on weekends, or so it seemed. And even then it took time because there could be 100 different people waiting for approval, all of whom had the CAPIDs on their SQTRs verified against a wing level master list.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

cadetesman

Great news, its just been approved!!! I'm UDF!!!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

a2capt

So, roughly 58.5 minutes later.. ;-)

davidsinn

Quote from: jeders on August 16, 2011, 04:00:49 PM
Anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 weeks+. It depends on what wing your in, and how often the wing CC goes into eServices for these things. The former TXWG CC would only go into eServices for approvals on weekends, or so it seemed. And even then it took time because there could be 100 different people waiting for approval, all of whom had the CAPIDs on their SQTRs verified against a wing level master list.

Why is a wing commander wasting his time doing ops approvals? Isn't that ES's job?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

I can't imagine the Wing CC knows, or cares, about individual ES ratings. If so, he has way too much time on his hands!

jeders

Quote from: davidsinn on August 16, 2011, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: jeders on August 16, 2011, 04:00:49 PM

Why is a wing commander wasting his time doing ops approvals? Isn't that ES's job?

The previous commander was a little bit of a micro-manager (ya think?).
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Short Field

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 16, 2011, 07:35:40 PM
I can't imagine the Wing CC knows, or cares, about individual ES ratings. If so, he has way too much time on his hands!
Or he takes his responsibilities seriously.
CAPR 60-3, para 2-2d:  ... The wing commander or his or her designee(s) (except for the General ES Rating) approves the initial CAPF 101 to personnel who satisfactorily complete all training and evaluation requirements specified for the requested specialty rating listed in this chapter.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

coudano

Quote from: a2capt on August 16, 2011, 04:40:19 PM
So, roughly 58.5 minutes later.. ;-)

wonder how many times he clicked refresh in that 58 minutes? lol