We could be back in the Sub-Hunting Biz soon

Started by Smithsonia, May 28, 2010, 05:14:23 PM

Smithsonia

Given that the North Koreans sunk a South Korean Frigate with a sub. Given the NK Navy runs Russian Whiskey Class subs that are WW2 technology and vintage with 9000 mile range... we could be huntin' again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Navy

I'm telling you we need to pick up Twin Commanders with 7 hour range, high wings, amazing view from the cockpit, two engines, side doors, one bad and hardy beast - Mount 50 cal twin in the side door and put on bomb racks and start patrolling everywhere tomorrow... OK I didn't get much sleep last night, I've been busy and on a coffee buzz.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

NIN

Quote from: Smithsonia on May 28, 2010, 05:14:23 PM
I'm telling you we need to pick up Twin Commanders with 7 hour range, high wings, two engines, side doors, hardy beast - Mount 50 cal twin in the side door and put on bomb racks and start patrolling everywhere tomorrow... OK I didn't get much sleep last night, I've been busy and on a coffee buzz.

Dunno, coffee buzz or not, that's a cool visual.

Several (ok, "many") years ago there was this weird movie with James Brolin, Clevon Little, Lindsay Wagner, Ernest Borgnine & Anthony Quinn called "High Risk" where the good guys are saved at this airfield someplace in south/central America by these guys in an old DC-3.  As they fly over, the pilot puts "Satisfaction" by the Stones on the cassette deck, and there is a guy in the cargo door in the back with an M-60 on a bungee cord (a'la UH-1 Huey old-school style)

It makes for an interesting scene.  Sadly, thats the only part of the movie I remember, so view at your own risk.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Al Sayre

The Air Freight outfit next to our Wing /Squadron HQ has a half dozen Beech 18's, a couple of old Lockheeds and a couple of DC-3's.  I say we arm them and mount up. >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787