Boy in balloon floating over Fort Collins Colorado

Started by disamuel, October 15, 2009, 07:01:18 PM

Pingree1492

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on October 16, 2009, 02:07:16 AM
Quote from: JThemann on October 16, 2009, 02:03:35 AM
Which outside sources?
Larimer County Search and Rescue, Larimer county Sherriff's.

So, you decided to not only waste my time, but waste the time of other agencies as well?  In the middle of a large search that attracted national media attention?  All so you could try to legitimize yourself on an internet message board?  One can only hope that you didn't identify yourself as a CAP member. 

You started a topic earlier asking what professionalism is.  Your stated actions here are a perfect example of what professionalism ISN'T.  Hopefully, you will learn from this.  Hopefully.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

NCRblues

wait  wait wait, i have to get this straight. capcadetwilliams called pingree1492, to request information on the active search, and when that didn't pan out he contacted the county sheriff's office and the county sar? ??? ??? ???
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

a2capt

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on October 15, 2009, 10:08:43 PM
Its official they are on scene but its not public its classified.

..and you wonder why people don't take you seriously?

Ohio is pretty far from Colorado. The air bag isn't moving that fast.

bosshawk

My sources tell me that the boy was found hiding in his attic.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

Quote from: NCRblues on October 16, 2009, 06:06:11 AM
wait  wait wait, i have to get this straight. capcadetwilliams called pingree1492, to request information on the active search, and when that didn't pan out he contacted the county sheriff's office and the county sar? ??? ??? ???

..uhh.. yup, and hopefully didn't act like this on the phone to too many people.

Seriously, Cadet ...

You need to go back to BCS and start over. You just don't get it.

Slow down. You pull this kind of stuff at a SAREX and you'll be tossed out so fast you won't know what the heck just happened and you won't be doing favors for anyone that may have signed off any of your SQTRs.

I was pretty convinced that kid was probably hiding under the house or something, for letting the thing go. It got loose and he ran and hid. Sure seems like thats what happened. I think I said something in the other thread and it got locked instead of merged when someone else started this one out in the lobby.

NCRblues

Cadet Williams,
   As a very young senior member, I would like to give you some words of advice. When I was a cadet, I wanted everyone to know I was in cap, and I wanted everyone to like what cap was. I thought I was the coolest kid in the world, I mean think about it, the air force gives you the opportunity to really support and help your nation long before others have a chance. Now, being young, I told me friends all the neat stuff I was doing, but I also made stuff up to look neat in their eyes. Do I regret this? Of course I do. I understand your enthusiasm to show your knowledge to fellow cap members. I understand your need to be involved and feel important, for I felt the same when I was younger, but you must realize that there are times where you won't be. There are times where you just won't be important. It's just not possible to be their 24/7 365 for everything. So getting to my point, it was wrong of you to contact SM and request information, it was also wrong of you to contact an outside agency to request information. I hope you did not identify yourself as a cap member, because that will not be looked highly upon by said agencies.  By posting what you did, I am sure there are some on here that will say they won't take you seriously anymore, but take that in a stride, push on, expand your knowledge, grow and learn from this mistake. Take it or leave it, but I hope you take it.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Майор Хаткевич

Thrashed

Lots of threads on this topic.  Lots of media on this stupid story.  Not one for the missing pilot of the F16?  This country is sad.  :(

Save the triangle thingy

Thrashed

Shaw Air Force Base (WLTX)-- Two F-16 fighter jets from Shaw Air Force Base collided in mid-air Thursday night, leaving the condition of one pilot and his fighter unknown.

The collision happened over the Atlantic Ocean 40 miles east of Folly Beach at about 8:30. The jets were taking part in night training maneuvers when the accident happened.

The F-16 piloted by Capt. Lee Bryant was able to land safely at the Charleston Air Force Base. Capt. Bryant was unharmed.

Both the other pilot, Capt. Nicholas Giglio, and his jet are missing. The Coast Guard is searching the ocean east of Charleston using both aircraft and surface vessels.

Save the triangle thingy

DG

Quote from: Thrash on October 16, 2009, 12:17:54 PMNot one for the missing pilot of the F16?  This country is sad.  :(

And this relates to the Balloon Boy Hoax how?

DG

So was the Balloon Boy a Hoax or not?

The boy said on Larry King that is was all done for show.

Майор Хаткевич

Cecil DP

Quote from: DG on October 16, 2009, 01:36:30 PM
So was the Balloon Boy a Hoax or not?

The boy said on Larry King that is was all done for show.

As little faith as I have on the facts of the story, I'm going to believe a 6 year old's statement was out of context. 
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Flying Pig

Quote from: DG on October 16, 2009, 01:33:58 PM
Quote from: Thrash on October 16, 2009, 12:17:54 PMNot one for the missing pilot of the F16?  This country is sad.  :(

He saying all this media hype over a hoax, and in REAL LIFE, there is a fighter pilot and his plane missing in the Atlantic and nothing is being said about it.  Priorities.   

Thrashed

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 16, 2009, 02:55:09 PM
Quote from: DG on October 16, 2009, 01:33:58 PM

He saying all this media hype over a hoax, and in REAL LIFE, there is a fighter pilot and his plane missing in the Atlantic and nothing is being said about it.  Priorities.

Thank you.  Someone gets it.

Save the triangle thingy

flyerthom

Quote from: olefido on October 16, 2009, 12:41:06 AM
In the late  50's or early 60's, there was a Timmy and Lassie movie in which they "accidently" took off in a balloon. There was even a scene with a CAP plane looking for the balloon and then scenes of a  Canadian search for it. I don't know the title or any of the particulars. I do remember that it was in color. Wonder if the kids family got the idea from that if it was a hoax.
More likely it was Lawn Chair Larry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Walters
TC

a2capt

My interpretation of the boy saying "you said we did it for the show", perhaps could have been .. along the lines of "oh $#!+, you said we are making that UFO for some show, and I just let it loose, and he's really mad at me"

(the kids are allowed to cuss.. )

You see how squirmy that kid was? National episode or not, that kids got issues.

Sounds like the UFO wasn't the only thing that got untethered.

Hoorah

Quote from: Pingree1492 on October 16, 2009, 05:48:25 AM
Quote from: capcadetwilliams on October 16, 2009, 02:07:16 AM
Quote from: JThemann on October 16, 2009, 02:03:35 AM
Which outside sources?
Larimer County Search and Rescue, Larimer county Sherriff's.

So, you decided to not only waste my time, but waste the time of other agencies as well?  In the middle of a large search that attracted national media attention?  All so you could try to legitimize yourself on an internet message board?  One can only hope that you didn't identify yourself as a CAP member. 

You started a topic earlier asking what professionalism is.  Your stated actions here are a perfect example of what professionalism ISN'T.  Hopefully, you will learn from this.  Hopefully.
No.

a2capt

Spike

Multiple FAILS in this thread!

So, any new news on this situation.  Seems like the media dropped it for some F-16 crash or something.