WMIRS 2.0 Rollout Plan?

Started by bigfootpilot, June 24, 2014, 01:47:42 PM

Eclipse

^ Seriously.

I've discussed this with some coders I know, estimates are something this simple could be knocked out
in a week or two of their spare time, probably for free if CAP asked nicely enough.

What happened to leveraging the resources of our "valued volunteers"?

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on October 15, 2014, 05:53:58 PM
^ Seriously.

I've discussed this with some coders I know, estimates are something this simple could be knocked out
in a week or two of their spare time, probably for free if CAP asked nicely enough.

What happened to leveraging the resources of our "valued volunteers"?

Yep...appoint a Project Manager, put out a call for volunteer coders, then just work the development methodology.

None of this is rocket surgery, and we have plenty of volunteers who are paid pretty good sums of cash on a daily basis to do this.  A polite request with proper leadership would get you all that labour and expertise just for the price of asking, and maybe a "National Commander's Commendation" at the end of the day for the team.

scooter

Bring back the Pilot Log in Reports please. Thank you  :)

RwyX

Quote from: JeffDG on October 15, 2014, 05:42:13 PM

Heck, give me some specs.......

Specs?  That's funny......I'd pay to see the 'specs'!  What level clearance do we need?

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: scooter on October 15, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

Or you could use WMIRS 1.0 until it's built in WMIRS 2.0

RiverAux

FYI, we did receive some communication through Wing about a whole passel of fixes that have been accomplished or soon will be.  So, its not like they're just letting problems fester. 

JeffDG

Quote from: RiverAux on October 15, 2014, 07:41:39 PM
FYI, we did receive some communication through Wing about a whole passel of fixes that have been accomplished or soon will be.  So, its not like they're just letting problems fester.

That's all well and good.

But they had a whole Beta process that was originally supposed to release June 1, then got pushed back to October 1.

On the initial call they said that there were all these features that would be rolled out during the beta for testing before going live.  Things like "Flight Release" and "Reports".

Never saw a single word on any of these ever again, and then Oct 1 rolls around, and voila.   Still no reports.  Flight release is buggy (never been subjected to significant testing). 

If you read things strictly, you still need to do paper forms for a lot of stuff, because ICS forms are required, yet there's no way to generate an ICS-211 for example of sign-ins.

RwyX

Quote from: Mission Pilot on October 15, 2014, 07:16:22 PM
Quote from: scooter on October 15, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

Or you could use WMIRS 1.0 until it's built in WMIRS 2.0

From what I can tell in my Wing, WMIRS 1.0 Pilot Log is only showing flights through the end of Sept...or FY 14 I guess.  None of my Oct 2014 flights are showing in both the Pilot Log or the Pilot Summary on WMIRS 1.0

Tim Medeiros

In regards to a trouble reporting system, use the help desk, that is what it is there for.  Under category, select WMIRS 2.0.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

sparks

The roll out plan doesn't exist. Basically it is a half baked effort that NHQ pushed out before it was completely tested. Just used it today for O-rides and had multiple problesm. I'd be kind to call it a POS!

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: sparks on October 26, 2014, 12:32:36 AM
The roll out plan doesn't exist. Basically it is a half baked effort that NHQ pushed out before it was completely tested. Just used it today for O-rides and had multiple problesm. I'd be kind to call it a POS!

Suggest being part of making it better.  Submit your bug request here: https://capnhq.crmdesk.com/ask.aspx

They can't fix what they may not know is wrong.

P.S. If you are in CAWG, we have a WMIRS Team that you should submit to.

JeffDG

Gee.  What a concept. 

Perhaps they should have released these features during the Beta period like they promised to do, and had people able to test them then.  Instead, they didn't do so, and instead decided to use real missions as their beta test.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

sparks

I have sent in several  "bug" reports per the procedure. So I'm trying to help with the fix. So far all I have received was an automated reply. No comments on fixing the problems.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: sparks on October 28, 2014, 05:45:41 PM
I have sent in several  "bug" reports per the procedure. So I'm trying to help with the fix. So far all I have received was an automated reply. No comments on fixing the problems.

We've sent in 40, and a number have been fixed and we have received a couple of replies.

disamuel

Is the "Status Board" option working for anyone? I just released a flight, but the status board is not showing the sortie. I can see the members signed into the mission on the right side, but the sortie list is blank, even though the mission has multiple sorties and I just released one of them.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

disamuel

Thanks for the reply. I discussed it with someone at NER, and I was told to enter the ATD in the air sortie screen. Once I did this it showed up on the status board. It's counter-intuitive since I would assume that one the release is entered the clock would start. I know there is a delay between entering the release and engine start, but this seems to be an unneeded step.

rbrehm

Quote from: disamuel on November 23, 2014, 03:50:33 PM
[...] I was told to enter the ATD in the air sortie screen. Once I did this it showed up on the status board. It's counter-intuitive since I would assume that one the release is entered the clock would start. [...]

I think this stems from IMU, where a flight would be listed as released until they reported wheels up. This would prevent any flights that experience some issue (mechanical, weather, ect.) requiring the sortie to be cancelled from showing up on the status board.
Robert Brehm II
SER-FL-044/DOS

Larry Mangum

Quote from: disamuel on November 23, 2014, 02:31:31 PM
Is the "Status Board" option working for anyone? I just released a flight, but the status board is not showing the sortie. I can see the members signed into the mission on the right side, but the sortie list is blank, even though the mission has multiple sorties and I just released one of them.

Sorties will not show up on the status board until a comm log entry has been added showing the flights actual ATD. It is also necessary to add an ATA before it will be removed from the status board.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001