Main Menu

New NCSA?

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 19, 2007, 10:47:51 PM

BillB

If it was a mini OCS for SENIORS, it wouldn't be a National CADET Special Activity would it?
There is No National Color Guard Academy and the Honor Guard Academy is in Virginia if not mistaken.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: BillB on August 26, 2008, 08:03:04 PM
If it was a mini OCS for SENIORS, it wouldn't be a National CADET Special Activity would it?
There is No National Color Guard Academy and the Honor Guard Academy is in Virginia if not mistaken.

Honor Guard Academy was in Virginia, it is now in Maryland.

Quote from: IceNine on August 11, 2008, 10:06:47 PM
^ They cover color guard at the NHGA

They do not, they cover colors element, which is a portion of Honor Guard. If you sent your color guard to HGA you would have wasted >$2000 because you would loose at CG Comp.

Honor Guard drill movements are completly different from regular drill movements, ergo Honor Guard Colors Element drill movements are different from Color Guard drill movements.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

SJFedor

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 04:31:27 AM
No. Im talking a mini OCS for SENIOR MEMBERS. Not for cadets

Psssst. We're officers now, or did you not get that memo?

;D :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SarDragon

Quote from: SJFedor on August 29, 2008, 07:42:02 AM

Ummmm.... no. It was exactly that, a memo, and basically suggested that the term officer be used in external correspondence in an attempt to avoid confusion about exactly what a senior member was. The memo no longer shows up on the NHQ website. So it looks like we are still senior members.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

caprr275

OK i am sorry is this has already been discussed in the 6 pages of messages but I'm feeling lazy and i really don't want to read though all of them...

The NCAC is currently looking at developing a NCSA centered around vertical wind tunnels (indoor skydiving) and a NCSA that you build rockets/robotics. these are looking to be on the westcost. the goal is to bring some of the activities to that side of the country to be fair to everyone. more info can be found in the NCAC minutes at http://www.ncac.us/library.aspx

personally i would like to see the National Military Music Academy brought back

afgeo4

I would like to see an Air Operations/Airport Mgmt academy held either by a civilian airport, Air Force base or a University like Embry Riddle, Dowling College, University of North Dakota or the likes.
GEORGE LURYE

rightstuffpilot

There is currently a proposal up before NCAC to allow cadets who attend Military Academy Summer Seminars to recieve NCSA credit.  I also plan on proposing that the UND Aerospace Camp be added to the list of activities cadets can recieve NCSA Credit for.
HEIDI C. KIM, Maj , CAP
CFI/CFII/MEI
Spaatz # 1700

Cedar Rapids Composite Squadron- Commander

afgeo4

Quote from: rightstuffpilot on October 06, 2008, 12:19:57 AM
There is currently a proposal up before NCAC to allow cadets who attend Military Academy Summer Seminars to recieve NCSA credit.  I also plan on proposing that the UND Aerospace Camp be added to the list of activities cadets can recieve NCSA Credit for.
But these aren't activities that CAP cadets can apply for through CAP, so how can they be NCSAs? Why would someone want that credit anyway? The military academies' seminars are created for the academies and an academy bound cadet shouldn't worry about "credit for ncsa" he/she should be worried about getting into the academy of his/her choice.

Now if these academies would create programs for CAP cadets to "sample" academy lives... then it'd be different.
GEORGE LURYE

PHall

Quote from: SJFedor on August 29, 2008, 07:42:02 AM

Sorry, that memo was recinded.

Must be with those TPS reports!

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: afgeo4 on October 06, 2008, 03:42:28 AM
But these aren't activities that CAP cadets can apply for through CAP, so how can they be NCSAs? Why would someone want that credit anyway? The military academies' seminars are created for the academies and an academy bound cadet shouldn't worry about "credit for ncsa" he/she should be worried about getting into the academy of his/her choice.

Now if these academies would create programs for CAP cadets to "sample" academy lives... then it'd be different.

Because to get a NEW NCSA, the activity has to be running for several years as a regular activity, then CAP will see if it will be viable for a NCSA.

SarDragon

From here:

QuoteAviation Challenge *
EAA Air Academy *
Space Camp *

* Aviation Challenge, EAA's Air Academy, and Space Camp are hosted by other agencies, not CAP. However, cadets who graduate
from these programs are authorized to wear the National Cadet Special Activities ribbon.

Service Academy Summer Seminars? Maybe, maybe not. UND Aerospace Camp? Why not?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

From here:

QuoteAviation Challenge *
EAA Air Academy *
Space Camp *

* Aviation Challenge, EAA's Air Academy, and Space Camp are hosted by other agencies, not CAP. However, cadets who graduate
from these programs are authorized to wear the National Cadet Special Activities ribbon.

Service Academy Summer Seminars? Maybe, maybe not. UND Aerospace Camp? Why not?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

I personally would like to see them restart the old Air Force Academy Survival Course. That was a mainstay NCSA when I was a cadet.

Also, the Illinois Wing Communications School(used to be Comm/Sec) is one of the best and most comprehensive comm schools  I have ever seen or heard of. The staff is the best, bar none. It is held each year with the Illinois Wing Encampment(check out the web site) and will only get better. This one is open to seniors as well.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006