INWG Conference: AF approved ABU transition

Started by Майор Хаткевич, March 19, 2016, 01:14:40 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Everyone got a goody bag of water and junk snacks.

calebtornado12

Was anything else discussed regarding the uniforms at the meeting?
C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
Boise Composite Flight Commander
RMR-ID-073
Off we go, into the 'Wild Blue Yonder'...

Chappie

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 21, 2016, 11:54:57 PM
Everyone got a goody bag of water and junk snacks.

Thanks for solving the mystery of the big box :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: calebtornado12 on March 22, 2016, 12:22:25 AM
Was anything else discussed regarding the uniforms at the meeting?

Nope. It was the welcme briefing, and I came in when that slide was on, as I failed to account for the timezone differences.

Spam

Best coffee box I ever got was a triple Dunkin Donuts coffee box order, one cold wet rainy PT night at the unit. I had our cadets gulping and cheering after their run...

Starbucks rocks too!

V/R
Non Sequitur

HGjunkie

Quote from: PHall on March 19, 2016, 03:53:10 PM
And just like BDU's, there are two types of ABU. The regular ABU and the Ripstop ABU (aka RABU). The RABU is the lighter "Summer" version. They can't be mixed.

Ehhh... officially the NYCO ABU's were phased out from supply and the only official ABU is the RABU (100% cotton), and they're cheaper than the NYCO as well.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

Quote from: HGjunkie on March 24, 2016, 05:26:44 PM
And just like BDU's, there are two types of ABU. The regular ABU and the Ripstop ABU (aka RABU). The RABU is the lighter "Summer" version. They can't be mixed.

Ehhh... officially the NYCO ABU's were phased out from supply and the only official ABU is the RABU (100% cotton), and they're cheaper than the NYCO as well.

Incorrect the older ABU is still authorized for wear. 

MSG Mac

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 24, 2016, 08:32:49 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on March 24, 2016, 05:26:44 PM

Incorrect the older ABU is still authorized for wear.
[/quote

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

MSG Mac

He's saying that the NYCO's are no longer in the supply system. We all know that there is a 3-5 year phase out for old items.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

abdsp51

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 24, 2016, 08:49:53 PM
He's saying that the NYCO's are no longer in the supply system. We all know that there is a 3-5 year phase out for old items.

The 50/50 blend is still in the system and is the only authorized ABU for the AF minus specific career fields.  There is no phase out date for the.. 

That is per AFI36-2903 including the IC May 2015...

HGjunkie

I may have goofed on the specific material used in the RABU, however my point stands about being difficult to mix the new and old ones. Side note, the lighter material wrinkles like crazy and never really looks good out of the wash.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF