National Board Uniform Changes 2013

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

RangerConlin

Quote from: A.Member on August 20, 2013, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: RangerConlin on August 20, 2013, 08:27:28 PM
I have seen people in Michigan without Wing patches.
Is that because the Wing doesn't require it or is it from a lack of attention?

I'm not sure, to be honest.  I dont know what MIWG says, I just wear mine and forget about it.  I have never considered not wearing a wing patch.

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

A.Member

Quote from: RangerConlin on August 20, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

I'm not sure, to be honest.  I dont know what MIWG says, I just wear mine and forget about it.  I have never considered not wearing a wing patch.
Fair enough.  I legitmately don't know how many have chosen to address it directly.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Mitchell 1969

I don't know why, but I was sipping some iced tea a minute ago and thought "Isn't it odd, we sew on wing patches that don't have wings, and we also sew on wings that aren't wing patches?"

Anyway, back to our show.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

RangerConlin

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 20, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

I don't know why, but I was sipping some iced tea a minute ago and thought "Isn't it odd, we sew on wing patches that don't have wings, and we also sew on wings that aren't wing patches?"

Anyway, back to our show.

From all of my experiences, only 3 or 4 people out of a group of 100 dont wear a wing patch. 

Eclipse

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 20, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

NC, IA, and WY do not require patches.  (as of: NCWG 2010, IAWY 2011, WYWG current.)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Larry Mangum on August 20, 2013, 08:13:54 PM
As to getting back on topic. His depliction of ABU's with all of the patches, I have been informed is how the AF wants them to be worn by CAP, they do not want the minimalist approach, which I favor. My source is a wing king who was at the actual presentation.

So are they saying they prefer us to wear all the clown patches, or will it be mandated? In other words, right now I qualify for the ES patch but choose not to wear it. I got BISC and National Inland SAR school, too, but...they're in a box at home. Am I to understand that the proposal is to now require those things, or merely to "prefer" that we wear it all?

My preference, like yours, is minimalist.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

I took it to mean that the USAF doesn't want to enforce a minimalist appearance, rather to allow for the
continued wear of patches as we do today.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on August 20, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
I couldn't find the bunny with a pancake pic... :)

Gotta Google oolong bunny or oolong rabbit.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 20, 2013, 09:38:48 PM
So are they saying they prefer us to wear all the clown patches, or will it be mandated? In other words, right now I qualify for the ES patch but choose not to wear it. I got BISC and National Inland SAR school, too, but...they're in a box at home. Am I to understand that the proposal is to now require those things, or merely to "prefer" that we wear it all?

My preference, like yours, is minimalist.

Well,  "prefer" and "allow" are two different things.

If you want to wear the ES patch, you can. I'm sure that if you didn't, nobody would scream "YOU BETTER PUT THAT PATCH ON MISTER!" :)

Same with Inland SAR and BISC (if BISC is authorized. Too lazy to look..)

Someone suggested at one point that the patches and such are an attempt to maintain the "distinctiveness."

However, if an officer comes from a unit without a patch, in a wing without a wing patch, and has never been to an NCSA or similar national-level training program, and is not ES qualified, is he or she sufficiently distinctive without those things?  Are silver-on-dark-blue tapes and collar insignia and black boots sufficient to ensure "disinctiveness" ?

Because not everybody has or wears those things.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Shuman 14

Quote from: SierraOneThree on August 20, 2013, 04:36:01 PM
Just for kicks, and out of curiosity to see how much conflict can stir up...

Put these together using old patches I had laying around.

Proposed uniform:

vs

Seemingly preferred version (leaning this way):

I'm a minimalist so I prefer number 2 picture as well.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2013, 07:21:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2013, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2013, 07:10:55 PM
Pulling the "It's illegal" is a little lame.  As is attacking this cadet because he owns a set.   So maybe he is a little weird wanting to have a set of ABUs sitting in his closet.   It's not anything anyone here needs to get concerned about.

Nor was it anything we needed to know about.  When you open the door, you're open to comment, positive or negative.

As to the idea of cadets being "attacked" on this site, I don't see it.  They are involved in all discussions on an equal level, when they
say things that don't ring true, or start walking down the "cadet intrigue" alley, then those are fair game as well.

Holding people's feet to the fire?  Yes.  Attacking?  I don't see it.
Of course you wouldn't see it......you are the one doing the attacking!

Concur, seems like an attack to me as well.  :(
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

Quote from: SarDragon on August 20, 2013, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: NIN on August 20, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
I couldn't find the bunny with a pancake pic... :)

Gotta Google oolong bunny or oolong rabbit.

NICE!  :clap:
Joseph J. Clune

ol'fido

Aw, crap! I missed my page 15 check in. We're up to page 22!....and still nothing.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NIN

I was trying to kill it with fire before page 20, but I went into a customer site, came out, and *bam* the darn thing had *exploded*
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

BTW, speaking as to giving Cadet Desoto a hard time about ABUs:

Nobody seems to give _me_ a hard time that _I've_ got a set of ABUs.

Mentioned it at least twice, maybe more like three times.  (sadly, no photos)

He gets his head handed to him, but nobody says 'boo' about a senior doing essentially the same thing.

If thats not the definition of "double standard" then I don't know what is.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Patterson

Quote from: SierraOneThree on August 20, 2013, 07:25:59 PM
Also, if it's illegal for civilians to own ABUs, then someone should inform the MCSSs, considering I bought a brand new ABU cover using my CAPID just yesterday.

Quote from: SierraOneThree on August 20, 2013, 05:14:25 PM
To echo Angel's post, I've made several thousand dollars off of military clothing and equipment within the last two years, hence why I continue and own what I own.

This young man will be made an example of now.  His posts when combined in context of wrong doing are very insightful. He is purchasing items he is expressly forbidden from purchasing and most likely reselling them.  At the least I hope his membership is terminated, though I would prefer if he be charged and convicted of the crimes he most likely has committed.

He has no integrity and has admitted to it.  Shame on him and shame on anyone that tolerates his continued service in CAP!